- adj. 麻木的；失去知觉的
- vt. 使麻木；使失去知觉
- 麻木的，失去感觉的 (of the body) unable to feel anything
- vt. 使麻木；使麻痹 cause to feel nothing or no pain;make numb
"my foot is asleep"
"numb with cold"
(followed by `to') not showing human feeling or sensitivity; unresponsive;
"passersby were dead to our plea for help"
"numb to the cries for mercy"
so frightened as to be unable to move; stunned or paralyzed with terror; petrified;
"too numb with fear to move"
make numb or insensitive;
"The shock numbed her senses"
- My fingers were so numb that I could hardly write.
- I've just been to the dentist and my face is still numb.
- The anaesthetic made his whole face go numb.
- His leg was numbed by the intense pain.
- She was completely numbed by the shock of her father's death.
- He rubbed his numb foot to restore the feeling.
- His fingers were numb with cold.
- His mind has been numbed.
His feet were cold and numb.出自： A. Paton
Steve's faculties were rapidly becoming numb.出自： P. G. Wodehouse
She may be numb with shock.出自： S. Kitzinger
Has the chill night numbed you?出自： R. Graves
A whiskey-flavoured piece of cotton wool on the gum to numb the pain.出自： M. Binchy
Violence has..numbed viewers into anaesthetised..voyeurs.出自：Listener
- insensitive 不敏感的
- unfeeling 无情的
- dull 呆滞的
- deadened 变得死一般的...
- stun 使震惊
- dead 死的
- frozen 冰冻的
- blunt 钝的
- emotionless 不露情感的
- shocked 震惊的
- dazed 目眩的
- traumatized 受到创伤的
- deaden 使(感觉、痛苦等)减弱...
- freeze 冻结
- anaesthetize 使…麻醉
- anesthetize 使麻醉
- asleep 睡着的
- stupefy (使)茫然
- chill (使)变冷
- apathetic 缺乏感情的
- drug 毒品
- paralyze 使 ... 瘫痪
- quiet 安静的
- insensible 无感觉的
- benumbed 麻木的
- benumb 使 ... 无感觉...
- numbly adv. 麻木地‖numbness n. 麻木