- [P]睡着的 sleeping
- [P]麻木的 unable to feel; numb
in a state of sleep;
"were all asleep when the phone rang"
"fell asleep at the wheel"
"my foot is asleep"
"numb with cold"
"he is deceased"
"our dear departed friend"
into a sleeping state;
"he fell asleep"
in the sleep of death
- The lion lay asleep in its den.
- He soon fell asleep with weariness.
- Some people grind their teeth while they are asleep.
- My grandfather was asleep forever.
- Her mind was asleep.
- When I woke my left arm was asleep.
- The fat guy dropped asleep shortly after the film began.
- Their anxieties were put asleep.
- Those fast asleep people were woken up by the terrible screams.
- He picked up the half asleep baby.
- Do you know the man asleep?
- The man asleep is much ill.
- The boat drifted along, with the child asleep inside it and no one guiding its direction.
- The army attacked at night when the enemy was asleep.
- I don't want any of you children crashing about upstairs while your father's asleep.
- He's asleep, don't arouse him.
- Strange thoughts float into〔through〕 my mind when I am nearly asleep.
- Some people grind their teeth while they're asleep.
- The patient, who had been asleep for nearly three hours, began to move his limbs.
- Cage pretended that she was asleep.
- The baby seems to be asleep.
- Once he settled his body in the comfortable bed, he was soon asleep.
- She sneaked into the house after everyone was asleep.
- The enemy were still asleep when we started the attack.
- She is sound asleep.
- The boy is fast asleep.
- The baby was still asleep when its mother came back.
- The little boy was asleep when the bedtime story was speaking.
- He was asleep while I was reading.
- I debated the question in my mind until I fell asleep.
- His voice died away and he fell asleep.
- The minute my head touched the pillow,I fell asleep.
- He was so tired that he fell asleep.
- He has fallen fast asleep.
- He fell asleep during the lecture.
- Before falling asleep,Helen reviewed the day's happenings.
- He fell asleep forever.
- I didn't know when I fell asleep.
- He fell asleep in the living room.
- The child fell asleep in its mother's arms.
- She lay fast asleep on the sofa.
- The little girl was so tired that she fell asleep over her homework.
- I have been asleep to it.
- They were asleep to the danger.
- I found him asleep.
- When mother came back, she found the baby asleep.
- be asleep 睡着
- drop asleep 睡着了
- fall asleep 睡着了
- find sb asleep 发现某人睡着了
- go asleep 睡着了
- lie asleep 睡卧
- seem asleep 好像睡着
I had told from the irregularity of her breathing that she was not asleep.出自： G. Greene
An ass which was lying asleep in the middle of the road.出自： Day Lewis
- asleep的基本含义是“睡着”,泛指已经进入了睡眠的状态。引申可表示“麻木的”“平静的”“静止的”; 也可表示“玩忽职守的”。
- asleep可用fast, sound, much或very much等状语修饰,但不可用very修饰。
- asleep, sleeping, sleepy
- The baby fell asleep; and I feel sleepy.孩子睡着了,我也犯困了。
- 2.asleep, sleepy和sleeping都可用作定语,这时的意思也不相同。asleep表示“睡着的”, sleepy表示“贪睡的”,而sleeping除表示“睡着的”外,还可表示与睡眠有关的东西。试比较：
- a sleepy fellow
- a sleeping baby
- a sleeping car
- be asleep, fall asleep
- be asleep指睡着的状态,可以接表示延续性时间的状语; 而fall asleep指的是一时的动作。试比较下面两句：
- He has been asleep for three hours.
- One after another, all of them fell asleep.