- [C]报纸 large pieces of paper with news, advertisements and other things printed on them, that you can buy every day or every week
a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements;
"he read his newspaper at breakfast"
a business firm that publishes newspapers;
"Murdoch owns many newspapers"
the physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher;
"when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
cheap paper made from wood pulp and used for printing newspapers;
"they used bales of newspaper every day"
- He unfurled the newspaper and began to read.
- I learned this news from the newspaper.
- Only when he read the newspaper did he know the story.
- His name leapt out at me from the newspaper.
- We have subscribed to an evening newspaper.
- The associated press reported that as a result of glossy paper costs higher than the average newsprint, not to advertisements, the newspaper is not possible for a new look.
- The newspaper turned against the president.
- The newspapers wrote about his performance in very flattering words.
- This newspaper is proper for young people.
- The newspaper reported that prices were going up.
- The event captured the headlines of all newspapers.
- On the bus I always manage to glance at the headlines in the newspapers.
- That story has got into the newspaper.
- The only daily newspaper in the city did not publish yesterday because of a strike.
- He carried a little bread in a piece of newspaper.
- I stopped a big crack in the door with old newspaper.
- In a letter to the newspaper,Tom hit back at those who had found fault with his book.
- Some of old newspapers had to go out of business for low sales.
- It must be true,I read of it in the newspaper.
- It was sad to read of the death of the famous old actress in this morning's newspaper.
- It was reported in the newspaper that the workers were still on strike.
- appear in the newspaper 见报
- buy a newspaper 买报纸
- circulate newspaper 发行报纸
- close a newspaper 查封报纸
- deliver a newspaper 送报纸
- edit a newspaper 编辑报纸
- go for a newspaper 去买张报纸
- keep newspapers 保存报纸
- make the newspapers 登在报上
- print a newspaper 印刷报纸
- publish a newspaper 出版报纸
- read the newspaper 看报
- register newspaper 注册报纸
- run a newspaper 办报
- scan a newspaper 浏览报纸
- start a newspaper 创办一家报纸
- turn the newspaper to the next page 把报纸翻到下一页
- unfold a newspaper 打开报纸
- cheap newspaper 没有多少价值的报纸,廉价的报纸
- daily newspaper 日报
- fat newspaper 厚报纸
- financial newspaper 金融报
- influential newspaper 有影响的报纸
- leading newspaper 主要报刊
- local newspaper 地方报刊
- national newspaper 全国性报刊
- popular newspaper 受欢迎的报纸,流行的报纸
- rolled-up newspaper 卷起来的报纸
- serious newspaper 严肃的报纸,重要的报纸
- student-run newspaper 学生办的报纸
- weekly newspaper 周报
- blackboard newspaper 黑板报
- college newspaper 大学学报
- evening newspaper 晚报
- morning newspaper 晨报
- Sunday newspaper 星期日版报纸
- wall newspaper 墙报
- report for a newspaper 报纸通讯报道
- clip articles from newspapers 从报纸上剪下文章
- in the newspaper 在报上
- the headlines in the newspaper 报纸的标题
- start a new column in a newspaper 在报纸上开辟新专栏
- file of newspapers 报纸的合订本
- columns of a newspaper 报纸的专栏
- inside pages of a newspaper 报纸的里页
- leak the story to the newspapers 把情况透露给报界
To hear the news from your favourite announcer is like buying your favourite newspaper.出自：Daily Herald
Events reported in the newspapers seemed too incredible to be taken seriously.出自： V. Brittain
Blanket censorship and the silencing of all opposition newspapers.出自： C. Hampton
- newspaper, gazette, journal, press
- newspaper是“报纸”的普通用语。今天或昨天的报纸被普通称为today's newspaper或yesterday's newspaper; journal指定期刊物或报纸,尤指“杂志”; gazette指“官报”,尤指“政府公报”; press指“新闻界”“出版社”,是一国、一地或一都市的出版机构的总称。
- There's a photo in the newspaper.
- There's a photo on the newspaper.
误 I read about the news from yesterday's newspaper.
正 I read about the news in yesterday's newspaper.我很有兴趣研究在报纸上刊登的地图。
误 I took a keen interest in studying maps that appeared on the newspapers.
正 I took a keen interest in studying maps that appeared in the newspapers.
析 英语中习惯用in the newspaper表示“在报纸上的内容”,而不用其他介词。她每天看报纸。
误 She saw the newspaper every day.
正 She read the newspaper every day.
误 My article is published by today's newspaper.
正 My article appears in today's newspaper.
- paper 纸
- tabloid 小报
- daily 每日的
- weekly 每周的
- rag 破布
- newsprint 新闻用纸
- journal 日志
- publication 出版
- broadsheet 仅印一面的大幅纸张...
- red-top 通俗小报
- gazette 报
- printing paper 印刷纸,晒图纸,印图纸...
- coarse paper 草纸,粗质纸...
- organ 器官
- sheet 被单
- monthly 每月的
- news 新闻
- biweekly 双周刊
- chronicle 年代记
- quarterly 季度的
- scandal sheet 登载丑闻和杂谈的报刊(商...
- scandal 丑闻
- magazine 杂志
- review 复习
- periodical 期刊
- press 按