- 非常,很,十分 by a large degree
- 差不多,几乎 almost
- 很多地,很大地,程度极高地 greatly
- 很大程度上,常常 to a great degree ; often
- [A]许多的,大量的 a lot of
- 很多,大量,很大程度 a large amount or part of
- 很好的东西 sth very good
a great amount or extent;
"they did much for humanity"
(quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent;
"not much rain"
"much grain is in storage"
to a great degree or extent;
"she's much better now"
"he was much annoyed"
to a very great degree or extent;
"I feel a lot better"
"we enjoyed ourselves very much"
"she was very much interested"
"this would help a great deal"
(degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely;
"much the same thing happened every time"
"practically everything in Hinduism is the manifestation of a god"
frequently or in great quantities;
"I don't drink much"
"I don't travel much"
- The President's speech provoked much discussion.
- All the furniture in the room had much carving.
- My plans are still very much in embryo.
- I would very much like to see you again.
- They looked forward very much to seeing him again.
- I like this coffeepot very much.
- The patient is much the same this morning.
- Much has been written.
- I think we may learn much from it.
- The car was too much damaged.
- I was with him much last night.
- This is much to my taste.
- I don't like the idea much.
- Thank you very much.
- We enjoyed boating very much.
- You are so much happier now.
- The dress is much the most expensive.
- You have much more confidently.
- He was much surprised to find us there.
- They are not likely to arrive there much before midnight.
- Do you dine out much?
- He stays with me much.
- How much petrol do you need?
- I have got far too much work to do.
- Did you have much money?
- We haven't got very much time.
- I have too much pleasure to meet you.
- Cage sat at her desk all morning but she didn't write much.
- Did he say much to you?
- Jack had drunk too much in the party.
- We have much to thank for.
- We learned much from the experience.
- as much
- as much as sb can do
尽最大努力the max that sb can do
- much as
- much less
- much of muchness
很相似of the same type
- much the same
- not much good at
不太善于做某事not very good at doing sth
- not〔nothing〕 much
几乎没有 hardly anything
- not so much...as
- too much
- as much again
同样多the same amount again
- make much of
疼爱treat with a show of fondness
- not much of
不太好的not a good
- so much for
到此为止that is the end of...
- this much
这么多话the particular amount or words
- too much for
非某人力所能及too hard for
I have heard them say, 'Much talkers, little walkers'.出自： Swift
- much less, much more
- 这两个词都有“更…”的意思。much less 用于否定句中,意为“更不…”; much more用于肯定句中,意为“更加”。
- much, a great deal of, a lot of, a number of, lots of, many, many a
- 这组词(组)都表示“许多”的意思。其区别在于:many是普通用语,其后只能接可数名词复数; many a是书面用语,后接单数可数名词,当修饰主语时谓语动词要用单数形式; much是普通用语,是对量和程度而言的,只能修饰不可数名词; a number of可用来修可数名词复数; a lot of和lots of既可接可数名词,也可接不可数名词,多用于肯定句。a great deal of后接不可数名词,谓语动词用单数,且常用于肯定句中。例如:
- Man and the ape have many things in common.人和猿有许多共同之处。
- Many a man comes or goes.一个又一个的人来来去去。
- A number of people came to the meeting from all over the world.来自世界各地的许多人参加了这次会议。
- A lot of friends are thinking of emigrating.许多朋友正在考虑移民国外。
- There are lots of antiques shops in Australia now.现在澳大利亚有许许多多的古玩店。
- She's earned a great deal of money in the last few weeks.在最近几个星期内,她挣了大量的钱。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的muche，意为大，多。