- 非常,很,十分 by a large degree
- 差不多,几乎 almost
- 很多地,很大地,程度极高地 greatly
- 很大程度上,常常 to a great degree ; often
- [A]许多的,大量的 a lot of
- 很多,大量,很大程度 a large amount or part of
- 很好的东西 sth very good
- a great amount or extent;
"they did much for humanity"
- (quantifier used with mass nouns) great in quantity or degree or extent;
"not much rain"
"much grain is in storage"
- to a great degree or extent;
"she's much better now"
"he was much annoyed"
- to a very great degree or extent;
"I feel a lot better"
"we enjoyed ourselves very much"
"she was very much interested"
"this would help a great deal"
- (degree adverb used before a noun phrase) for all practical purposes but not completely;
"much the same thing happened every time"
"practically everything in Hinduism is the manifestation of a god"
- frequently or in great quantities;
"I don't drink much"
"I don't travel much"
- The President's speech provoked much discussion.
- All the furniture in the room had much carving.
- I would very much like to see you again.
- They looked forward very much to seeing him again.
- I like this coffeepot very much.
- The patient is much the same this morning.
- Much has been written.
- I think we may learn much from it.
The car was too much damaged.
I was with him much last night.
This is much to my taste.
I don't like the idea much.
Thank you very much.
We enjoyed boating very much.
You are so much happier now.
The dress is much the most expensive.
You have much more confidently.
He was much surprised to find us there.
They are not likely to arrive there much before midnight.
Do you dine out much?
He stays with me much.
How much petrol do you need?
I have got far too much work to do.
Did you have much money?
We haven't got very much time.
I have too much pleasure to meet you.
Cage sat at her desk all morning but she didn't write much.
Did he say much to you?
Jack had drunk too much in the party.
We have much to thank for.
We learned much from the experience.
- as much
I would do as much for you. 我同样为你这样做。
- 同样地the same
- as much as sb can do
尽最大努力the max that sb can do
It was as much as I could do this thing. 我已尽最大努力做这件事。
- 尽最大努力the max that sb can do
- much as
Much as she likes him she would never consider marrying him. 尽管她喜欢他,但她并不打算嫁给他。
- much less
The baby can't walk yet, much less run. 那婴儿还不会走路,更不用说跑了。
- 更不用说certainly not
- much of muchness
很相似of the same type
It is hard to say who is the most beautiful girl, they seemed much of muchness. 很难说哪个女孩最好看,她们都很相似。
- 很相似of the same type
- much the same
I'm much the same this evening. 我今天晚上的情况同原来差不多。
- not much good at
不太善于做某事not very good at doing sth
I'm not much good at football. 我足球踢得不好。
- 不太善于做某事not very good at doing sth
- not〔nothing〕 much
几乎没有 hardly anything
There is not much he can do it. 对这事他几乎无能为力。
- 几乎没有 hardly anything
- not so much...as
I don't so much dislike him as feel sorry for him. 与其说我厌恶他,不如说我为他遗憾。
- 与其说是…不如说是…not...but rather
- too much
It really is too much of you. 你太过分了。
- as much again
同样多the same amount again
I am as much again to cost. 我花了同样多的钱。
- 同样多the same amount again
- make much of
重视,充分利用treat as important
He made much of such a little matter. 他连这样的小事也很重视。
I can't make much of the book. 我看不懂那本书。
疼爱treat with a show of fondness
He made much of his son. 他疼爱他的儿子。
- 重视,充分利用treat as important
- not much of
不太好的not a good
He is not much of a cricketer. 他算不上好板球手。
- 不太好的not a good
- so much for
到此为止that is the end of...
Now it's started raining; so much for my idea of taking a walk. 既然开始下雨了,我去散步的念头只好作罢。
- 到此为止that is the end of...
- this much
这么多话the particular amount or words
I said this much for him. 我说了这么多关于他的话。
- 这么多话the particular amount or words
- too much for
非某人力所能及too hard for
This is too much for me. 这非我力所能及。
- 非某人力所能及too hard for
I have heard them say, 'Much talkers, little walkers'.出自：Swift
- much less, much more
这两个词都有“更…”的意思。much less 用于否定句中,意为“更不…”; much more用于肯定句中,意为“更加”。
- much, a great deal of, a lot of, a number of, lots of, many, many a
这组词(组)都表示“许多”的意思。其区别在于:many是普通用语,其后只能接可数名词复数; many a是书面用语,后接单数可数名词,当修饰主语时谓语动词要用单数形式; much是普通用语,是对量和程度而言的,只能修饰不可数名词; a number of可用来修可数名词复数; a lot of和lots of既可接可数名词,也可接不可数名词,多用于肯定句。a great deal of后接不可数名词,谓语动词用单数,且常用于肯定句中。例如:Man and the ape have many things in common.人和猿有许多共同之处。Many a man comes or goes.一个又一个的人来来去去。A number of people came to the meeting from all over the world.来自世界各地的许多人参加了这次会议。A lot of friends are thinking of emigrating.许多朋友正在考虑移民国外。There are lots of antiques shops in Australia now.现在澳大利亚有许许多多的古玩店。She's earned a great deal of money in the last few weeks.在最近几个星期内,她挣了大量的钱。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的muhce，意为大，多。
- much:英语解释 a.1. 许多;大量的;很大程度的How much rent do you pay?你付多少租金?The English do not drink much wine.英国人喝酒不多。pr…