- 常常,经常,时常 many times; at short intervals; frequently
- 在大多数情况下 in many instances
- many times at short intervals;
"we often met over a cup of coffee"
- frequently or in great quantities;
"I don't drink much"
"I don't travel much"
- in many cases or instances
- I often take my children to play in the park.
- My brother often scolds me without reason.
- Judy goes to the movies as often as Sara does.
- They often went carolling at Christmas.
I often go swimming in summer.
We often go there.
I have often heard that he is the smartest person in the government.
We have often been there.
I have to get there often.
Occasionally we go to a concert, but much more often to the theatre.
These types of dogs often have eye problems.
He writes to me often.
He doesn't get drunk often.
Very often you cannot know one without knowing the other.
It very often rains here in April.
I haven't been there very often.
I met him quite often while I was in Beijing.
Often did we warn them not to do so.
Often had I intended to speak of it.
Often Tom doesn't take medicine, but sometimes he does.
Children often dislike tomatoes.
Americans are often very tall.
It's often difficult to translate poems.
Perry is a good football player.
A bold venture is often successful.
The disease is often fatal.
Old houses are often damp.
How often do you go there?
How often does this magazine come out?
How often have you been there?
We see him when he comes to town, but that isn't often.
Is it often that I have a chance to see him?
- as often as
每次,每当 each time that; as many times as
As often as he tried to go there, he always failed. 每当他想去那儿时,结果总是去不成。
As often as I tried to get an answer from him he made some excuse and avoided giving me the information I wanted. 每当我想从他那儿得到回答时,他总是找借口,避而不答我想要的信息。
- 每次,每当 each time that; as many times as
- as often as not
往往,多半 very frequently
When it's foggy the trains are late as often as not. 雾大时,火车往往晚点。
As often as not,Jacelin thinks before he speaks but rarely resists the temptation to do so. 杰斯林多半是经过深思熟虑才发表意见的,难得有不这么干的时候。
- 往往,多半 very frequently
- every so often
Every so often, she takes a weekend in London. 她有时在伦敦过周末。
They talked for several minutes,Frederick smiling broadly and nodding his head vigorously every so often. 他们交谈了几分钟,弗雷德里克偶尔笑一笑并用力点头。
This make of starter-motor has a good reputation but every so often you get one that just won't function properly however much you tinker with it. 这种启动马达声誉不错,但是人们不时也会遇到运转不正常的机器,无论你怎么调整都没用。
- 有时,偶尔 sometime
- more often than not
往往,多半 very frequently
More often than not the patient recovers. 病人多半能恢复健康。
More often than not, he's drunk when I meet him. 每当我见到他时,他经常是喝得醉醺醺的。
Ben is a fairly good runner, he wins more often than not. 本是个相当不错的赛跑选手,他常常跑赢。
- 往往,多半 very frequently
- often come 经常来
- often go 经常去
- often hear 经常听见
- often meet 经常遇见
- often rain 经常下雨
- often write to sb 经常给某人写信
Oftenest..he wished he were a vigorous young man of genius.出自：H. James
I am often assumed to be Welsh.出自：Day Lewis
Through this voyage I had been..changing the sails more often.出自：F. Chichester
Francis..often either lay down or took a short walk.出自：E. Bowen
I heard about it often enough.出自：E. Figes
- often一般位于实义动词之前,而位于to be、情态动词或(第一个)助动词之后。有时为了加强语气, often也可以放在系动词之前,此时作谓语的系动词要重读。
- 用于疑问句或否定句中, often可以用作表语。
- often在用于询问“隔多长时间一次”或“多少次”时,常用于how often短语。
- as often as not和more often than not同义,都作“往往,多半,再三,不时”解,且都是肯定的意思。例如:The motoring accidents happen in this section more often than not/as often as not.车祸不时在这一地段发生。
- often, always, sometimes, usually
这四个词意思相近。其区别是：1.表示的频率不同。例如：He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday,Saturday and even on Sunday.我们可说：He always goes to school.always表示的频率是100%。He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday and Friday.我们可说：He usually goes to school.usually表示的频率是90%。He comes to school on Monday,Tuesday,Wednesday and Thursday.我们可说：He often goes to school.often表示的频率是60%。He comes to school on Monday and Thursday.我们可以说He sometimes goes to school.sometimes表示的频率是20%。2.always的反义词是never; often的反义词是seldom; usually的反义词是occasionally, sometimes的反义词是always。
- often, frequently
- He comes here very often.
- He comes here very frequently.
- always often usually frequently repeatedly regularly
误 I often made spelling mistakes in English class yesterday.
正 I made spelling mistakes in English class several times yesterday.
误 He travels often abroad for business.
正 He often travels abroad for business.
误 How long do you write to your parents?
正 How often do you write to your parents?
析 how long指“行为持续的时间”,而how often则表示“多久发生一次”,即某种行为发生的频率。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语fo的t，意为经常。
- often:often adv. 常常, 经常 英英解释:副词often:1. many times at short intervals同义词：frequently, oftentimes, oft, oftt…