- the act that results in something coming to be;
"the devising of plans"
"the fashioning of pots and pans"
"the making of measurements"
"it was already in the making"
- an attribute that must be met or complied with and that fits a person for something;
"her qualifications for the job are excellent"
"one of the qualifications for admission is an academic degree"
"she has the makings of fine musician"
- (usually plural) the components needed for making or doing something;
"the recipe listed all the makings for a chocolate cake"
- His failure has been the making of him.
- in the making在制造中,随时可以拿...
- profit-making营利; 谋利
- be the making of someone保证某人顺利发展...
- epoch making划时代的(破天荒的...
- policy making制定政策
- brine making盐水制备
- loaf making面包制作,面团分割...
- mixture making配料
- market making证券市场为调整供求或...
- making up修理
- eddy making涡流形成
- budget making预算编制
Any making-up of his mind.出自：Carlyle
Since the making of the world.出自：Tennyson
Mutual sacrifice and making do..outweigh the hardships and problems.出自：Conservation News
I was involved in the slow making of this story.出自：V. S. Naipaul
A spiritual wilderness of his own making.出自：A. N. Wilson
- making:making n. 制造, 发展, 素质习惯用语be the making of 成为...的基础, 是...的成功因素have the makings of 具有...的素质; 有条件成为in ma…