- n. 建设；结构；建筑物；建造；构造；解释
- [U]建造,建设 action or manner of constructing; being constructed
- [C]建造物,建筑物 thing constructed; building
- [C]造句法 way in which words are put together to form a phrase, clause or sentence
- [C]解释,意思 sense in which words, statements, etc. are to be understood; meaning
the act of constructing something;
"during the construction we had to take a detour"
"his hobby was the building of boats"
a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit;
"I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
the creation of a construct; the process of combining ideas into a congruous object of thought
a thing constructed; a complex entity constructed of many parts;
"the structure consisted of a series of arches"
"she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem;
"the assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"
an interpretation of a text or action;
"they put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
the commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones;
"their main business is home construction"
"workers in the building trades"
- China is striding ahead in her economic construction.
- It is an object of simple construction.
- The cathedral is a fantastic modern construction.
- The new airport is still under construction.
- The building was of bizarre construction.
- This page is still under construction.
- I was inclined to put a favorable construction on his reply.
- Our economic construction is vivid with life.
- We sent a lot of people there to help in the construction.
- Now we are faced with the task of construction, and must master all modern knowledge before anything else.
- New construction is sharply down.
- The construction was begun in August last year and was completed last month.
- The ground had to be levelled before construction could begin.
- The cold weather slowed down the construction of the bridge.
- We celebrated the construction of the reservoir.
- They gave preference to oil prospecting over the construction of ports.
- A chair is an object of simple construction.
- This dictionary gives the meanings of words and also illustrates the constructions they can be used in.
- On the same collection of evidence each of the witnesses had put a different construction.
- This sentence does not bear such a construction.
- Heavy snow hindered construction work.
- We must hurry up with the construction work so that we can finish it before the rainy season sets in.
- construction management 施工管理
- put a wrong construction on 对 ... 进行曲...
- block construction 部件结构,大型砌块建...
- construction plan 结构图,施工图...
- construction program 施工程序
- composite construction 组合结构
- construction site 工地
- tubular construction 筒形结构
- construction procedure 施工程序
- welded construction 焊接结构
- mixed construction 混合结构
- modular construction 部件结构
- construction cost 工程费用
- construction material 结构材料
- frame construction 框架结构
- shell construction 薄壳结构,壳体结构,...
- construction work 施工工程
- construction equipment 施工设备
- construction joint 工作缝,施工缝,构造...
- sandwich construction 夹心结构,夹层构造,...
The ablative absolute as a construction in English.出自： M. McCarthy
- construction与reconstruction区别：construction是“建设”，而reconstruction是“重建”。例：urban construction（城市建设）,capital construction（基本建设）；
- constructional work和construction work都指“建筑工程”，但前者较常见；
- constructional worker和construction worker都指“建筑工人”，但后者较常见。
- in construction, under construction
- He is in construction. 他从事建筑业。
- The new railway is still under construction. 那条新铁路正在建设中。
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的constructionem：come (一起） + struere(堆积），意为堆在一起。