- [C]建筑物,楼房,房屋 structure with a roof and walls
- [U]建筑(艺术或行业) (art, business or profession of) construction house, etc.
- a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place;
"there was a three-story building on the corner"
"it was an imposing edifice"
- the act of constructing something;
"during the construction we had to take a detour"
"his hobby was the building of boats"
- the commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones;
"their main business is home construction"
"workers in the building trades"
- the occupants of a building;
"the entire building complained about the noise"
- The heat had blistered the paint of the building.
- The building faces north.
- The building does not conform to safety regulations.
- The erection of the building took several months.
- The force of the explosion broke all the windows in the building.
Schools, churches, houses and factories are all buildings.
A building of great bulk stood before us.
The building is now in ruins.
Don't get lost in the long passage of the building.
This is a fine building.
The old castle is an imposing building.
A lot of tall buildings have been put up in Haikou last few years.
The high building blocked our view.
The building occupies an entire block.
This building was designed by a Japanese architect.
The Empire State Building used to be the world's tallest office building.
An explosion ruined the building.
The explosion blew several buildings down.
The flames caught the main building of a business company and its extension.
The police are on guard at that building.
The boom of aircraft can be heard inside the building.
He blew his top when he was accused of having set fire to that building.
Finally Mr. Hunt brought forward his plan for the new building.
They held musical entertainments in a large building.
The truck brought up suddenly against a building.
He is major in building.
The building is the symbol of eastern building.
- build a building 建造一栋建筑物
- construct a building 建造一栋大楼
- demolish a building 拆除一栋建筑物
- design a building 设计一栋大楼
- enlarge a building 扩建一栋大楼
- occupy a building 占用一座建筑
- overhaul a building 检修一座建筑
- raze a building 拆除一座建筑
- renovate a building 整修一座建筑
- ruin a building 炸毁一栋楼房
- fine building 别致的建筑
- high building 高层建筑
- imposing building 雄伟的建筑
- main building 主要建筑
- permanent building 永久性建筑
- public building 公共建筑物
- ramshackle building 摇摇欲坠的房子
- tall building 高层建筑
- temporary building 临时建筑
- tumbledown building 摇摇欲坠的房子
- building block 砌块
- building code 建筑条例
- building lease 建筑租约
- building line 建筑线
- building material 建筑材料
- building program 建筑物工程计划
- building site 建筑工地
- building society 房屋建筑协会
- building trade 建筑业
- building, edifice, structure
这三个词的共同意思是“建筑物”。其区别是：building是一般用语,是各类建筑物的总称,可指各种用途、各种大小和用各种材料建造的房子,但并不指明建筑物的具体用处、大小、样式及所用材料。例如:Houses and churches are buildings.房屋和教堂都是建筑物。edifice是正式用语,尤指宏伟高大的建筑。例如:The cathedral is a handsome edifice.这座大教堂是一座雄伟壮观的建筑物。structure则强调建筑物构造的模式。例如:The new library is a fireproof structure.新图书馆是一栋防火建筑。
- building:building n. 建筑物, 营造物(如房屋,大楼,工厂,船等)习惯用语ribbon building (由市区到郊区)沿干道向外伸展的建筑群…