- [C]建筑物,楼房,房屋 structure with a roof and walls
- [U]建筑(艺术或行业) (art, business or profession of) construction house, etc.
a structure that has a roof and walls and stands more or less permanently in one place;
"there was a three-story building on the corner"
"it was an imposing edifice"
the act of constructing something;
"during the construction we had to take a detour"
"his hobby was the building of boats"
the commercial activity involved in repairing old structures or constructing new ones;
"their main business is home construction"
"workers in the building trades"
the occupants of a building;
"the entire building complained about the noise"
- The heat had blistered the paint of the building.
- The building faces north.
- The building does not conform to safety regulations.
- Houses and churches are buildings.
- The erection of the building took several months.
- The force of the explosion broke all the windows in the building.
- Schools, churches, houses and factories are all buildings.
- A building of great bulk stood before us.
- The building is now in ruins.
- Don't get lost in the long passage of the building.
- This is a fine building.
- The old castle is an imposing building.
- A lot of tall buildings have been put up in Haikou last few years.
- The high building blocked our view.
- The building occupies an entire block.
- This building was designed by a Japanese architect.
- The Empire State Building used to be the world's tallest office building.
- An explosion ruined the building.
- The explosion blew several buildings down.
- The flames caught the main building of a business company and its extension.
- The police are on guard at that building.
- The boom of aircraft can be heard inside the building.
- He blew his top when he was accused of having set fire to that building.
- Finally Mr. Hunt brought forward his plan for the new building.
- They held musical entertainments in a large building.
- The truck brought up suddenly against a building.
- He is major in building.
- The building is the symbol of eastern building.
- build a building 建造一栋建筑物
- construct a building 建造一栋大楼
- demolish a building 拆除一栋建筑物
- design a building 设计一栋大楼
- enlarge a building 扩建一栋大楼
- occupy a building 占用一座建筑
- overhaul a building 检修一座建筑
- raze a building 拆除一座建筑
- renovate a building 整修一座建筑
- ruin a building 炸毁一栋楼房
- fine building 别致的建筑
- high building 高层建筑
- imposing building 雄伟的建筑
- main building 主要建筑
- permanent building 永久性建筑
- public building 公共建筑物
- ramshackle building 摇摇欲坠的房子
- tall building 高层建筑
- temporary building 临时建筑
- tumbledown building 摇摇欲坠的房子
- building block 砌块
- building code 建筑条例
- building lease 建筑租约
- building line 建筑线
- building material 建筑材料
- building program 建筑物工程计划
- building site 建筑工地
- building society 房屋建筑协会
- building trade 建筑业
- building, edifice, structure
- Houses and churches are buildings.房屋和教堂都是建筑物。
- The cathedral is a handsome edifice.这座大教堂是一座雄伟壮观的建筑物。
- The new library is a fireproof structure.新图书馆是一栋防火建筑。