being the only one; single and isolated from others;
"the lone doctor in the entire county"
"a lonesome pine"
"an only child"
"the sole heir"
"the sole example"
"a solitary instance of cowardice"
"a solitary speck in the sky"
marked by dejection from being alone;
"felt sad and lonely"
"the loneliest night of the week"
"lonesome when her husband is away"
"spent a lonesome hour in the bar"
- He felt lonesome at home alone.
- He lives in a remote and lonesome village.
- The street became lonesome after dark.
- He was lonesome for a friend.
- He is sitting home all by his lonesome.
It seemed lonesome that night without Gideon.出自： M. Webb
I got lonesome for you tonight.出自： A. Beattie