allow to remain in a place or position or maintain a property or feature;
"We cannot continue several servants any longer"
"She retains a lawyer"
"The family's fortune waned and they could not keep their household staff"
"Our grant has run out and we cannot keep you on"
"We kept the work going as long as we could"
"She retained her composure"
"this garment retains its shape even after many washings"
- After a short break, the match went on.
- Work is going ahead on the new bridge.
- keep tabs on 密切注意
- keep on good terms with sb. 与某人保持友好关系...
- keep on ice 保存着
- keep one's eye on 照看
- keep a tight rein on 约束
- keep one's … on something 专心于某事
- keep a close eye on 紧盯
- keep a tab on 记帐(检查
- keep on its feet 保存(保留
- keep careful watch on 密切注意
- keep a tight hold on 对…实行严密的控制,...
- keep someone on a string 使某人悬虑
- keep someone's name on the books 保留某人会籍...
- keep one's finger on the pulse of 对…很了解
- keep someone conversant on something 使某人随时知道某事的...
- keep a careful watch on 密切注意
- keep a jealous eye on 担心地注视着...
- keep someone on the string 使某人悬虑
- keep on the razor-edge of something 不超过某事物的极限...
- keep one eye on 花部分精力照管...