a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
a loop formed in a cord or rope by means of a slipknot; it binds tighter as the cord or rope is pulled
make a noose in or of
secure with a noose
- They tied a noose round her neck.
- His debts were a noose around his neck.
- This time you have really put your head in the noose.
- But I don't see why I should put my head in a noose to conceal his affair.
- He cut the rope then and went astern to noose the tail.
- He's the man that's easy to be noosed.
- queer the noose 逃脱绞刑,没被绞死...
- put one's neck in the noose 自入圈套
- tighten the noose around the neck of someone 拉紧某人脖子上的绞索...
- put one's head in a noose 自陷绝境
- the noose 绞刑
- tighten the noose round the neck of someone 拉紧某人脖子上的绞索...
- The noose is hanging. 大家都在期待(等待)...
- put one's head into noose 自己把头套在绞索里...
- put one's neck in a noose 自入圈套
- put one's head in noose 自己把头套在绞索里...
The Shark had..got his Head through the Noose, to..jam the running knot taut about him.出自： Defoe
Ropes were thrown out, and the nooses caught the posts of the landing stage.出自： G. Huntington