decoration that is hung (as a tapestry) on a wall or over a window;
"the cold castle walls were covered with hangings"
a form of capital punishment; victim is suspended by the neck from a gallows or gibbet until dead;
"in those days the hanging of criminals was a public entertainment"
the act of suspending something (hanging it from above so it moves freely);
"there was a small ceremony for the hanging of the portrait"
- As he fell, he grasped at a hanging chain.
- At last he was hunted down and killed by hanging.
- They want to bring back hanging as a punishment.
- He was seen hanging about in the garden.
- A portiere was hanging in front of the door.
- The monkey was hanging head downwards from the branch.
- She wrung out the clothes before hanging them up to dry.
- hanging basket 悬篮,吊篮
- hang 悬挂
- cliff-hanging 扣人心弦的
- hanging junction 悬垂合流悬垂汇流...
- hanging bridge 吊桥
- hanging paper 裱糊纸
- hanging side 上盘
- hanging wall 上盘,顶壁
- hanging water 悬着水
- hanging scaffolding 悬臂脚手架
- hanging clinometer 悬式测斜器
- hanging leader 悬挂式打桩导架...
- hanging layer 上盘岩层
- wall hanging 壁毯
- hanging indent 悬挂式缩进
- hanging ladder 悬梯
- hanging stage 悬空脚手架
- hanging glacier 悬冰川
- hanging buttress 悬扶垛
- hanging brace 吊撑
Solid wall covered externally with slate, tile or other hanging.出自： J. S. Foster
The room had no character, and dark green silk hangings.出自： A. S. Byatt