- n. 线；弦；一串；字串
- vt. 串起；收紧；悬挂；系；扎；抽去筋；使紧张；使兴奋
- vi. 连成一串
- 串起， 把...用线串起来，用线把…连在一起
- 上弦于（弓，乐器）上，给 ... 装弦
- [U] [C] 线,细绳 narrow cord made of threads twisted together and used to tie, fasten, etc.
- [C] (乐器上的)弦 tightly stretched piece of catgut or wire, e.g. in a violin, harp or guitar, which produces a musical note when it vibrates
- [C] 一串,一行 a set of objects connected together on a thread
- [C] 一连串,一系列 a set of things, events, etc. following each other closely
- vt. 装弦于; 上弦 put a string or strings on
- vt. 串 put (pearls, etc.) on a string
a lightweight cord
stringed instruments that are played with a bow;
"the strings played superlatively well"
a tightly stretched cord of wire or gut, which makes sound when plucked, struck, or bowed
a sequentially ordered set of things or events or ideas in which each successive member is related to the preceding;
"a string of islands"
"train of mourners"
"a train of thought"
a linear sequence of symbols (characters or words or phrases)
a tie consisting of a cord that goes through a seam around an opening;
"he pulled the drawstring and closed the bag"
a tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food (especially the tough fibers connecting the two halves of a bean pod)
(cosmology) a hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having a concentration of energy and the dynamic properties of a flexible loop
a collection of objects threaded on a single strand
a necklace made by a stringing objects together;
"a string of beads"
"a strand of pearls"
thread on or as if on a string;
"string pearls on a string"
"the child drew glass beads on a string"
"thread dried cranberries"
add as if on a string;
"string these ideas together"
"string up these songs and you'll have a musical"
move or come along
stretch out or arrange like a string
string together; tie or fasten with a string;
"string the package"
remove the stringy parts of;
provide with strings;
"string my guitar"
- Puppets are worked by strings.
- The E string of the violin needs screwing up.
- We have had a string of complaints about the program.
- If the logon fails, an empty string is returned.
- She strung the beads with a fine nylon.
- Don't make your nerves string.
- Lanterns were strung in the trees around the pool.
- I bent down to tie the string to the dog's collar.
- One end of that string was not fast to my heart.
- I need a piece of string to tie this parcel up.
- Winston undid the bit of string that held his overalls together.
- He is highly strung for the game.
- The books were tied with string.
- His fingers swept the strings of the guitar.
- The youngsters set off string after string of firecrackers to mark the Spring Festival.
- He obtained a string of wins.
- The archer strung his bow and aimed an arrow at the target.
- She can string a violin.
- They strung these pearls too tightly.
- His sentences were so badly strung together that it was difficult to grasp their meanings.
- string along with (v.+adv.+prep.)
和…合伙 follow or go with sb
string along with sb
You should string along with me because I know this business inside out.
- string on (v.+prep.)
(把…)挂在…上; 串 hang sth on sth
string sth on sth
The farmer shot two crows and strung them on the fence.
Lights had been strung on the trees of the big gardens.
The beads were strung on very fine nylon.
- string out (v.+adv.)
排列成行,拖延时间 spread in a line; put off time
The parade strung out for miles.
The promise 3 days strung out to 6 weeks.
- string up (v.+adv.)
悬挂起; 绞死; 紧张 hang up with sth; hang; be nervous
string sb/oneself/sth ⇔ up
They strung up some lanterns among the trees.
They strung up coloured lights round the room.
What he said at the meeting strung her nerves up.
They were stringing themselves up to solve the problem when I called on them.
Two of the rebel leaders were strung up as a warning to the others.
The children were all strung up over the show of wire-walking.
- a string of pearls 一串珍珠
- string ingeniously 巧妙地连成一串
- string scrupulously 谨慎地上弦
- string strenuously 艰难地排成一行
- string along 欺骗
- string together 连贯起来
- string ideas together 把许多想法连贯起来
- string up 吊起,勒死
- string up one's nerves 振作精神
To see a man swing At the end of a string.出自： R. H. Barham
Ten thousand men, strung over a large extent of country.出自： Conan Doyle
His children..followed strung out behind him like a row of ducklings.出自： S. Chitty
- string既可用作及物动词,也可用作不及物动词。用作及物动词时,接名词、代词作宾语; 用作不及物动词时与along连用,意思是“欺骗”。
- string, cord, line, rope, thread, wire
- 这组词的共同意思是“绳”“索”。line可以代替其他五个词,也可用来指抽象或借喻性的线; cord指中等粗细的绳子; rope指较粗、较结实的绳子; thread指用棉花、丝料制成用来做衣服的细线; string指细绳; wire指金属丝、铁丝,也可指电线。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的streng；最初源自原始日耳曼语的strangiz，意为线条，绳，线。