- n. 客人；宾客；特别来宾；[动植物]寄生生物
- v. 做特邀嘉宾；做特约演员；客串；招待；做客
- [C]客人,宾客 a person who is in sb's home by invitation, either for a short time or to stay
- [C]旅客,宿客 a person who is lodging in a hotel or in sb's home
- [C]客串演员 a person, especially an entertainer, who is invited to take part in a show, concert, etc. often in addition to those who usually take part
a visitor to whom hospitality is extended
United States journalist (born in England) noted for his syndicated homey verse (1881-1959)
a customer of a hotel or restaurant etc.
(computer science) any computer that is hooked up to a computer network
- They are coming to the party as my guests.
- These Indian guest are familiar with this book.
- She deleted our names from the guest list.
- She made a guest appearance on his TV show.
- She guested on several chat shows while visiting Britain.
- He guested on a television series.
- He looked after his guest very well.
- He is an unexpected guest to her.
- She welcomed her guests in a gracious manner.
- He always sets a generous table for guests.
- A good host is considerate to the need of his guests.
- Go and make yourself amiable to the guests.
- They are coming to the concert as my guests.
- Dinner was through by the time the guests arrived.
- The sudden arrival of guests forced her to change her plans.
- Only a few select guests were invited to the party.
- Many guests were invited to the opening ceremony.
- The hotel will be open for guests next January.
- She is a transient guest at the hotel.
- She takes in paying guests during the summer.
- Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome tonight's special guest.
- She made a guest appearance on Mike's TV show.
- be my guest
〈非正〉请(自)便 please do
- bring in a guest 引进客人,把客人带进来
- have a guest 有客人
- introduce a guest into a room 领客人进房间
- invite a guest 邀请客人
- make a guest welcome 使客人受到欢迎
- put up guests 留客住宿
- receive a guest 接待客人,接纳客人
- see a guest to the door 送客到门口
- show a guest to 把客人带到…
- take in guests 留客
- welcome a guest 欢迎客人
- chief guest 主要客人,主宾
- foreign guest 外宾
- frequent guest 常客
- invited guest 被邀请的客人,请来的客人
- state guest 国宾
- personal guest 个人的客人
- rare guest 稀客
- regular guest (旅馆的)常客
- special guest 贵宾
- unwelcome guest 不受欢迎的客人
- welcome guest 受欢迎的客人
- young guest 年轻的客人
- guest house 宾馆,招待所
- guest professor 客座教授
- guest room 客房
- guest speaker 应邀发言者,客串演说者
- guest worker 在美国合法的墨西哥劳工,客工
- as a guest 作为客人
Father Aelred Watkin came to stay. A very agreeable guest.出自： E. Waugh
She took out her purse to pay the bill, forgetting she was my guest.出自： P. H. Johnson
Ian Carr guested with the Roy Budd Trio..on Saturday.出自：Melody Maker
- guest, visitor
- visitor不一定是事先邀请好的,也不一定受到款待; 而guest一般是事先受到邀请并受到款待的。例如:
- She has many visitors today.她今天客人很多。
- She's having a guest for dinner tonight.她今晚有位客人来吃饭。
- guest, customer, shopper
- guest指旅馆、饭店等的顾客; shopper指商店里的顾客; customer则是针对某一商店而言的顾客。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的gaest，意为客人，陌生人。