- (太)直率的，直截了当的；明确的 direct in manner and speech;expressing one's thoughts and feelings plainly
characterized by directness in manner or speech; without subtlety or evasion;
"blunt talking and straight shooting"
"a blunt New England farmer"
"I gave them my candid opinion"
"a forthright approach to the problem"
"tell me what you think--and you may just as well be frank"
"it is possible to be outspoken without being rude"
"plainspoken and to the point"
"a point-blank accusation"
directly and without evasion; not roundabout;
"to face a problem squarely"
"the responsibility lies squarely with them"
"spoke forthright (or forthrightly) and to the point"
- She gave him a forthright answer.
- His forthright behavior offends some people.
- His forthright behaviour shows that he's honest, but he seems rude to some people.
- His frank and forthright action deserves praise.
- He spoke in a forthright manner but without anger.
- I admire her forthright way of dealing with people.
Until impatient in embarrassment he forthright pass'd.出自： Keats
- frank 坦白的
- straightforward 易懂的
- outspoken 直言无讳的
- aboveboard 光明正大地
- directly 直接地
- downright 彻底地
- naive 天真的
- communicative 爱说话的
- single 单一的
- candid 率直的
- blunt 钝的
- up-front 在前面的
- direct 直接的
- plain-spoken 坦率的
- honest 诚实的
- straight-from-the-shoulder 直截了当的
- point-blank 近距离平射的...
- free-spoken 直言无隐的
- plainspoken 老实说的
- forthrightly 言行坦诚地
- squarely 成方形地