give sudden release to an expression;
"We burst out laughing"
"'I hate you,' she burst out"
"Spring popped up everywhere in the valley"
erupt or intensify suddenly;
"Unrest erupted in the country"
"Tempers flared at the meeting"
"The crowd irrupted into a burst of patriotism"
- He has hewed out his path in life during these past few years.
- It would be unlikely that you carve out a career for yourself.
- Jack feigns innocence out loud for Gaines' benefit.
- Fire broke out during the night.
- It was easy for fighting to Break out at school.