get rid of;
"I couldn't shake the car that was following me"
- Escape from Dartmoor prison is difficult.
- She longed to escape from her mother's domination.
- Is there no escape from the ubiquitous cigarette smoke in restaurants?
- He wanted to escape from the provincialism of the small university where he taught.
- He listens to music as an escape from the pressures of work.
- That felon tried to escape from the prison.
- He stayed in the background to escape from the public attention.
- He was captured trying to escape from the country.