- [C]帝国 group of countries or states under a single ruler or ruling power
- [U]帝权,绝对支配权 supreme political power
- [C]大企业组织 large commercial organization controlled by one person or group
the domain ruled by an emperor or empress; the region over which imperial dominion is exercised
a group of countries under a single authority;
"the British created a great empire"
a monarchy with an emperor as head of state
a group of diverse companies under common ownership and run as a single organization
an eating apple that somewhat resembles a McIntosh; used as both an eating and a cooking apple
- He is the builder of the great empire.
- The Roman Empire existed for several centuries.
- Empire Qin is found in B.C. 221.
- His business empire was truly vast.
- He started off with one small factory, and now he's the head of an oil empire.
- In the course of time many empires have risen and fallen.
- No one has the empire over the minds of men.
- He started off with one small factory, and now he's the head of a huge industrial empire.
- build up an empire 建立帝国
- oil empire 石油王国
- empire over 对…的绝对控制
Siam was..building an empire out of the territories of Laos and Cambodia.出自： F. Fitzgerald
His multi-million dollar empire all began in Uncle Robert's garage in Kansas City.出自：Mail on Sunday
The management appears to be top heavy,..caused by people reluctant to give up carefully nurtured empires.出自：Daily Telegraph
Scorn and despairsthese are mine empire.出自： fig.