- 纯的,纯净的,纯粹的 not mixed with any other substance
- 血统纯的,纯种的 of unmixed origin or race
- 无邪的,清白的,有操守的,贞洁的 without evil or sin, especially sexual sin; virtuous, chaste
- [A]单纯的,仅仅的,完全的 nothing but; mere or sheer
- 纯音的,纯正的,清晰的 clear and unwavering
- [A]纯理论的,非实用的 dealing with or studied for the sake of theory only; without practical application
free of extraneous elements of any kind;
"pure air and water"
"pure primary colors"
"the violin's pure and lovely song"
without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers;
"an arrant fool"
"a complete coward"
"a consummate fool"
"a double-dyed villain"
"a perfect idiot"
"what a sodding mess"
"stark staring mad"
"a thoroughgoing villain"
"the unadulterated truth"
(of color) being chromatically pure; not diluted with white or grey or black
free from discordant qualities
concerned with theory and data rather than practice; opposed to applied;
(used of persons or behaviors) having no faults; sinless;
"I felt pure and sweet as a new baby"
"pure as the driven snow"
in a state of sexual virginity;
"pure and vestal modesty"
"a spinster or virgin lady"
"men have decreed that their women must be pure and virginal"
- Water can be made pure by distilling it.
- They are all made of one-hundred percent pure silk.
- Life is a sweet thing for one who has a pure conscience.
- The look from her eye is still so pure, like a dustless crystal.
- It's pure nonsense.
- They met each other by pure accident.
- This is pure drinking water.
- Have you ever breathed pure oxygen?
- The coat is made of pure wool.
- My necklace is made of pure gold.
- The box is made of pure silver.
- This book is the pure and original text.
- She has pure gypsy blood in her veins.
- He is a pure Red Indian.
- These animals were bred from pure stock.
- She is a pure young girl.
- He insisted that even the purest infant had already been with original sin.
- By pure coincidence my boss flew on the same plane as me.
- By pure chance he found the rare book he needed in a little shop.
- It was pure luck that he was home when we called.
- It was pure chance that I was there.
- He can speak in a pure English.
- It's entirely pure research.
- The air by the sea is pure and healthy.
- The Arab Horse is pure.
- His taste was severe and pure.
- I'm sure his motives were pure.
- The voices of the young boys singing in church were high and pure.
- She was still a pure young girl, pure in thought and deed.
- He is pure of evil.
- pure and simple
纯粹的,十足的 and nothing else; sheer
- pure accident 纯属意外事故
- pure air 纯净的空气
- pure blue 纯蓝
- pure chance 纯属偶然
- pure coincidence 纯属偶然
- pure drinking water 纯净水
- pure English 纯正的英语
- pure girl 纯洁的女孩
- pure gold 纯金
- pure Indian 纯种印第安人
- pure invention 纯属捏造
- pure luck 纯属偶然
- pure nonsense 十足的胡说八道
- pure oxygen 纯氧
- pure research 纯理论研究
- pure science 理论科学
- pure silver 纯银
- pure wool 纯羊毛
- absolutely pure 绝对纯洁
The snow was of the purest white.出自： J. Tyndall
A..pantdress in pure wool.出自：Maclean's Magazine
Wheat wine, almost pure alcohol.出自： C. Thomas
Gorgets of pure gold.出自： B. Cornwell
- pure and simple通常用作后置定语,意为“纯粹的,十足的”。
- ☆ 1300年进入英语，直接源自古法语的pur；最初源自古典拉丁语的purus，意为清楚的，干净的。
- purely adv. 完全地；十足地