- <俚>(无家可归者住的)纸板棚，卡纸板等搭建的栖身所 (=bash)
- [C]小而轻的舟，独木舟 a light boat moved by paddles
- vi. 划〔乘〕独木舟 (often go canoeing) to travel in a canoe
- vt. 用独木舟运送 carry sb/sth by canoe
small and light boat; pointed at both ends; propelled with a paddle
travel by canoe;
"canoe along the canal"
- We crossed the lake in a canoe.
- If you stand up you'll overbalance the canoe.
- The canoe was sucked down into the whirlpool.
- They were canoeing in the lake.
- You can always canoe back down the river to the campsite.
- Munitions were canoed across the river.
- The canoe was tossed about in the maelstrom.
- If we live here, we will have to travel by canoe.
- They slid the canoe down to the water.
- They used to make canoes from cedar logs.
- Native Americans used canoes to travel on rivers.
用作动词 (v.)用作不及物动词 S+～(+A)
- The boy is canoeing in the lake.
- He canoed the old man across the river.
- He canoed the load across the bay.
- The catchers were canoed back to their camp for up the river.
- canoeist n. 乘坐独木舟者