- 船形的容器， 船行器皿
- [C]小船,小艇 small open vessel for travelling on water
- vi. 乘船,划船 go in boat especially for pleasure
- vt. 用船载运 convey by a boat
a small vessel for travel on water
a dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
ride in a boat on water
- They pushed the boat further into the water.
- Let's go boating on the lake.
- Are you going to America by boat or by plane?
- Don't miss the boat.
- They are training for the boat race.
- Simon rowed a boat race and got first place.
- This name comes from something shouted by crewmen on a boat.
- As the highway bridge has been damaged by the torrential flood, we have to boat it.
- The boat measures twenty feet long.
- The boat pitched about in the storm.
- The boat rolled in the waves.
- The boat bobbed up and down on the water.
- The boat sailed for the mouth of the river.
- The boats ran foul of each other.
- The boat glided swiftly onward over the river.
- When does the next boat sail for Hong Kong?
- The boat tipped up.
- The boat toppled over.
- The boat canted and upset.
- The boat was overloaded and upset.
- The boat was upset by a squall.
- The boat was blown over by a squall.
- A boat is on the water.
- The boat is watertight.
- This boat was formerly used on the rivers of China.
- The boat was loaded with various kinds of cargo.
- We took a boat at Wuhan.
- We rowed our boat to a nearby island.
- They steer a boat with a rudder.
- They anchored their sailing boat in the bay.
- All passengers are required to board the boat at once.
- Can we hire a boat here?
- She wants to have a handy and useful little boat.
- Are you going to America by boat or by air.
- He went to the island by boat.
- They went to Guangzhou by boat.
- Are you going to England by boat?
- He came by boat.
- By what boat are you sailing to England?
- My children are in that boat.
- What boat are you on now, may I ask?
- But the people on the little boats fought back.
- The harbour is full of pleasure boats.
- John took me down the river in the old boat.
- Boat after boat arrived.
- Boats for hire:one shilling an hour.
- All the boat's crew were killed.
- There was a sailing boat in the sea.
- I took part in the boat race.
- They are boating on the lake.
- Let's go boating on the lake.
- We went boating last Sunday.
- The old man boated me across the river.
- He boated some bags of rice across the river.
- be (all) in the same boat
命运相同,同舟共济 in similar (difficult) circumstances
- burn one's boats
破釜沉舟,自断退路 take an irrevocable step
- cross the river by boat〔in a boat〕
乘船渡河 go cross the river on a boat
- miss the boat
错过机会 miss an opportunity
- push the boat out
庆祝; 想方设法玩得痛快 celebrate with drinks; make a special effort; have a good time
- rock the boat
破坏现状,捣乱 interfere in an undertaking so as to jeopardize its success
- take to a boat
乘救生艇逃生 survive on a life boat, continue to live, especially after an ocean crash
- boat down (v.+prep.)
乘船沿…直下 go down in a river on a boat
boat down sth
We boated down the river.
- boat with (v.+prep.)
同(某人)乘船一起游玩 go down in a river on a boat
boat with sb
Will you go boating with me?
- anchor a boat 停泊船
- arm a boat 为船配备武器
- board a boat 乘船,登船
- burn one's boats 破釜沉舟,自断退路
- cast off a boat 解缆放船
- engage a boat 雇用整条船
- fasten a boat 系住船
- get into a boat 上船
- hire a boat 租船
- hoist a boat 把船吊起
- launch a boat 使船下水
- load a boat 装船
- lower a boat 放下小艇
- man a boat 为船配备人员
- manage a boat 操纵船
- miss the boat 错过船
- moor a boat 泊船
- overturn a boat 翻船
- paddle a boat 用桨划船
- pole a boat 用篙撑船
- pull a boat 拉船
- push the boat at 〈英口〉挥霍作乐
- push the boat out 〈口〉热烈庆祝,狂欢
- put off a boat 放下小艇
- rock a boat 捣乱
- row a boat 划船
- sail a boat 开船
- sail one's own boat 独立行动
- send away boats to the rescue 派船营救
- steer a boat 驾驶船
- swamp a boat 使船沉没
- take a boat 乘船
- take to the boats (沉船时)登救生艇脱险
- topple a boat 使船倾翻
- unload a boat 卸船
- upset a boat 翻船
- upturn a boat 使船倾翻
- beautiful boat 漂亮的船
- look-out boat 监视船
- new boat 新船
- rescuing boat 救援船
- show boat 〈美〉有戏剧表演的轮船
- small boat 小船
- staunch boat 坚固的船
- swift boat 快船
- wooden boat 木船
- abandoned boat 弃船
- old boat 旧船
- open boat 无甲板船
- cargo boat 货船
- collier boat 运煤船
- diver boat 潜水员用的船
- ferry boat 渡船
- fire boat 消防艇
- fishing boat 渔船
- gun boat 炮艇
- harbour boat 吃水浅的船
- life boat 救生船
- mail boat 邮船
- passenger boat 客船
- pearl boat 珍珠采集船
- patrol boat 巡逻船
- picket boat 巡逻艇
- pirate boat 海盗船
- pleasure boat 游船
- racing boat 赛艇
- rowing boat 划艇
- rubber boat 橡皮船
- sailing boat 帆船
- sauce boat 船形佐料碟
- steam boat 轮船,汽船
- toy boat 玩具船
- tug boat 拖船
- house boat 水上人家
- ice boat 在冰上滑行的船
- boat前的介词用in时,意思是把船看作是立体的; 用on时意思是把船看作是平面的。
- boat用作动词时意思是“乘船”“划船”,指用船作为交通工具代替步行,多指游玩,常与副词down 连用,引申可表示“用船载运”,“把…渡过河”。
- boat, ship
- 1.boat指小船, ship指大船,但这并无严格界限,一般说木制的船叫boat,能吊离水面的船叫boat,靠帆和桨行驶的船叫boat,个人拥有的船叫boat; 宇宙飞船用ship,航海的船叫ship。一般机动船则称boat或ship均可。泛指大大小小的各种船只时可用boats,也可用ships。试比较:They rowed the boat down the river.他们划着船顺河而下。
- The boatmen pulled their boat onto the sand.船工们把船拖上沙滩。
- Australia ships meat to England.澳大利亚用船把肉运到英国。
- He has taken ship for India.他已乘船到印度去了。
- The ship is bound for America.这艘轮船是开往美洲去的。
- The ship is now on her first voyage.这只船是初次航行。
- A camel is known as the ship of the desert.骆驼被认为是沙漠之舟。
- 2.boat, ship各自构成的复合词和短语很多,各有固定的意思。例如:
- shipmaster船长〔船主〕, shipwreck船只失事, shipyard船厂,这些词不能用boat 代替ship; 反之, boat 的复合词也不能用ship取代之。如下列船只通常称 boats:fishing boats 渔船, sailing boats帆船, rowing boats划艇, motorboats汽艇, ferryboats渡船。国家海军较大的舰船 battleship等通常称ships。
- 3.表示“划船游玩”用go boating,不可用 go to boat。boat people 不指普通意义的“船民”,而指“乘船逃亡者”,如越南、海地等靠船出逃的难民。例如:
- Many boat people left their homeland only to die on the sea.许多难民乘船逃出了他们的家园却又葬身于大海之中。
- a boat man 船夫
- a boating man 划船人
- take boat 上船
- take a boat 乘船
- take to the boats 乘救生艇逃命
误 He went to Changsha by the boat.
正 He went to Changsha by boat.
正 He went to Changsha on a boat.
正 He went to Changsha in a boat.
析 表示“坐船”用in a boat, on a boat或by boat均可。侧重交通方式时用by boat, boat前不加冠词。侧重具体的行为则可用介词on或in,须加冠词a或the。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的bat，意为船。