- [C] 船,舰 large vessel carrying people or goods by sea
- [C] 〈口〉宇宙飞船,太空船 spacecraft
- [C] 飞行器 aircraft
- vt. & vi. 运送 put, take, send, in a ship, by train or by road
- vt. 将…收进船内 take sth out of water into the boat
- vt. 舷侧进水 take in water over the side, e.g. in a storm
- vi. 当船员 become a member of a ship's crew
- a vessel that carries passengers or freight
- transport commercially
- hire for work on a ship
- go on board
- travel by ship
- place on board a ship;
"ship the cargo in the hold of the vessel"
- The ship was due to sail the following morning.
- A terrible storm forced the ship to put back.
- The paint on the ship's sides was coming off.
- Please inform us when we should ship the goods.
- The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment.
- The ship forged ahead through the stormy sea.
- We must transfer to ship after arriving in Shanghai.
A lot of ships were just outside of the harbour when the hurricane hit.
The ship is off course.
The enemy ship was sunk by a shell.
When will the ship pass the channel?
The ship has a cargo of about 200 tons.
The ship sailed across the channel.
It is a ship of 3000 tons burden.
The Titanic is a ship of vast proportion.
The whole ship was given liberty.
I know the whole ship is against me, but I can handle that.
The ship is now on her maiden voyage.
Some fruit doesn't ship well.
She escaped her family and shipped on a voyage to Australia.
They shipped the machines from Shanghai to Tianjin last week.
The boat began to ship water and we thought it would sink.
Did he ship the goods by train or by plane?
The goods were shipped last week.
The corn was shipped to Japan.
The machines were shipped to the factory this morning.
We are today shipping you another machine.
They have shipped the merchandise to us.
- by ship
乘船 taking a boat
Are you going out by plane or by ship? 你是乘飞机还是乘船外出?
- 乘船 taking a boat
- run a tight ship
严格控制 maintain strict control
Mr. Lyons was considered to run a tight ship in his Borough President's office. 人们认为莱昂斯先生对伯鲁行政区长官办公室的管理很严格。
- 严格控制 maintain strict control
- ships that pass in the night
偶尔见过一面的人们 people who have only one meeting
I knew her slightly, but never got to know her well—we were just ships that pass in the night. 我对她略知一二,但一直了解不深——我们不过是萍水之交。
- 偶尔见过一面的人们 people who have only one meeting
- spoil the ship for ah'porth of tar
因小失大 fail to complete sth valuable by omitting an inexpensive detail touch
It would only have needed a kilo or two of weedkiller every spring to keep the garden right.Spoiling the ship for ah'porth of tar I call it. 每年春天本来只要一两公斤除草剂就能使园子干干净净,我说这叫因小失大。
The old pine dresser had been lovingly restored but they spoiled the ship for ah'porth of tar by fitting it with cheap plastic handles. 这只老式的松木梳妆台已被整修一新,但装上这些不值钱的塑料拉手后,它似乎显得不伦不类,真是因小失大。
- 因小失大 fail to complete sth valuable by omitting an inexpensive detail touch
- when one's ship come in
有朝一日发财时 when one becomes wealthy
When my ship comes in,I will take a trip to Norway. 当我发了财,我就去挪威旅行。
- 有朝一日发财时 when one becomes wealthy
- ship by (v.+prep.)
用…运 transport sth with (sth such as a train, ship, etc.) ship sth by sth
They will soon ship the goods by rail.他们很快就把货物用火车运去。
- 用…运 transport sth with (sth such as a train, ship, etc.) ship sth by sth
- ship off (v.+adv.)
〈非正〉把…送往〔运往〕各地 order sb to go; send away or dispatch, especially by ship ship sth ⇔ off
We shall ship the goods off to them immediately.我们要立即将货物发送给他们。
- 〈非正〉把…送往〔运往〕各地 order sb to go; send away or dispatch, especially by ship ship sth ⇔ off
- ship out (v.+adv.)
(用船)运出 send out by ship ship sth ⇔ out
The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment .石油公司将用船运送重型设备。
(海员)外出 go to sea as a crewmember ship out
The army group shipped out for the Far East today.这支部队今天乘船赴远东。
He said good-bye to his family, and shipped out for Shanghai.他向家人道别,乘船到上海去了。
- (用船)运出 send out by ship ship sth ⇔ out
- anchor a ship 停泊船只
- board a ship 登船,上船
- break up a ship 把船拆开
- build a ship 建造一条船
- catch up with a ship 赶上乘坐的船
- clear a ship at the custom-house 在海关办好船只出港手续
- contact a ship 同船只进行联系
- desert a ship 抛弃船只
- dress a ship 给船悬挂旗帜
- equip a ship 装备船只
- get on a ship 上船
- handle a ship 驾驶船只
- hire a ship 租船
- jump ship (船员)开小差,弃职离船
- leave a ship 下船,离开船
- load a ship 装船
- name a ship 给船命名
- sail a ship 开船
- search the ship 搜查船只
- shake down a ship 船舶试航
- sink a ship 使船沉没
- steer a ship 驾驶轮船
- survey a ship 检查船只
- take ship 乘船
- unload a ship 卸船
- wind a ship 掉转船头
- wreck a ship 使船只失事
- capital ship 主力舰
- free ship 中立国船只
- ocean-going ship 远洋轮船
- out-going ship 开出的船,出港的船
- sinking ship 正在沉没的船
- sunken ship 沉没的船只
- battle ship 战舰
- deep sea ship 远洋船
- flag ship 旗舰
- hospital ship (尤指战时担当救死扶伤任务或运送伤员的)医院船
- merchant ship 商船
- passenger ship 客轮
- rescue ship 救助船
- sister ship 姐妹船
- steam ship 汽船,轮船
- supply ship 补给船
- surveying ship 测量船
- war ship 军舰
- weather ship 气象观测船
- ship abroad 运往国外
- ship customarily 按惯例运
- ship expressly 快速运送
- ship faithfully 如实地运送
- ship internationally 国际运输
- ship promptly 快速地运送
- ship seasonally 季节性地运输
- ship off 送往,遣送
- ship out 运出,坐船到国外去
- ship out emigrants 送移民去海外
The..majority of European wines are sent..by ship.出自：M. Kramer
Is he well shipp'd? His bark is stoutly timber'd.出自：Othello,Shakespeare
- ship的基本意思是“船,舰 ”,可指大大小小的船,多指较大的、机动的、航海的船,在正式文章或书籍中船的名字常用大写或斜体字排印。the ship还可以指“全船的人”。
- 在口语中, ship还可作“宇宙飞船,太空船”解,在美式英语里也可作“飞行器”解。
- ship后接副词off表示“运走”或“派往”; 后接副词out表示“运出”或“坐船动身”。
- ship, boat
这两个词都可译为“船”。其区别是：1.boat指小船, ship指大船,但这并无严格界限,一般说木制的船叫boat,能吊离水面的船叫boat,靠帆和桨行驶的船叫boat,个人拥有的船叫boat; 宇宙飞船用ship,航海的船叫ship。一般机动船则称boat或ship均可。泛指大大小小的各种船只时可用boats,也可用ships。试比较:They rowed the boat down the river.他们划着船顺河而下。The boatmen pulled their boat onto the sand.船工们把船拖上沙滩。Australia ships meat to England.澳大利亚用船把肉运到英国。He has taken ship for India.他已乘船到印度去了。The ship is bound for America.这艘轮船是开往美洲去的。The ship is now on her first voyage.这只船是初次航行。A camel is known as the ship of the desert.骆驼被认为是沙漠之舟。2.boat, ship各自构成的复合词和短语很多,各有固定的意思。例如:shipmaster船长〔船主〕, shipwreck船只失事, shipyard船厂,这些词不能用boat 代替ship; 反之, boat 的复合词也不能用ship取代之。如下列船只通常称 boats:fishing boats 渔船, sailing boats帆船, rowing boats划艇, motorboats汽艇, ferryboats渡船。国家海军较大的舰船 battleship等通常称ships。3.表示“划船游玩”用go boating,不可用 go to boat。boat people 不指普通意义的“船民”,而指“乘船逃亡者”,如越南、海地等靠船出逃的难民。例如:Many boat people left their homeland only to die on the sea.许多难民乘船逃出了他们的家园却又葬身于大海之中。
- They went Hongkong on a ship.
- They went Hongkong by ship.
- They took a ship to Hongkong.
- ship, deliver, dispatch, mail, send
这五个词都有“送”的意思。它们之间的区别在于：1.mail指将信件、包裹等物寄出去,强调将某物品寄送出去这一行为。2.deliver指送货。例如:The goods will be delivered at noon tomorrow.明天中午交货。The farmers guarantee the quantity and quality of the vegetables that are delivered.农民们保证交售蔬菜的质量和数量。3.dispatch可指上级向下级派遣人员〔部队、舰队〕等,强调紧急发出。例如:A messenger was dispatched to take the news to the soldiers at the front.一名通讯员被派去给前线士兵送消息。The allies agreed to dispatch reinforcements.同盟国同意派遣增援部队。4.send不涉及客体的内容或方法。例如:Let's all go to the airport to send him off.我们都到机场给他送行。If any letters come after you've left,I'll send them on.如果你离开后,有信来了,我会转寄去的。Have you sent round the notice about the Christmas party yet?关于圣诞节晚会的通告,你是否已送出传阅?5.ship是指以水运、陆运、空运等方式运送货物,现常用于商业。例如:Some fruit doesn't ship well.有些水果不便运送。The goods were shipped last week.货物已于上周装船运走。
- boat ship canoe steamer vessel craft
- send deliver dispatch forward ship transmit
误 I travelled in a ship.
正 I travelled on a ship.
析 on a ship表示“乘船旅行”, in a ship表示“在船上”。
误 He's going by a ship—he doesn't like flying.
正 He's going by ship—he doesn't like flying.
析 by ship表示“乘船”, ship前不用冠词。
误 They went on a world-cruise in a luxury boat.
正 They went on a world-cruise in a luxury ship〔liner〕.
误 The “Victory” is a private boat belonging to an oil tycoon.
正 The “Victory” is a private ship belonging to an oil tycoon.
误 The ship, who is a big one, is on her way to Shanghai.
正 The ship, which is a big one, is on her way to Shanghai.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的csip，意为船。
- ship:ship n. 船, 海船, 舰v. 装上船, 航运, 载运, 在船上工作 英英解释:名词ship:1. a vessel that carries passengers or freight动词sh…