- [C]运动 series of planned activities with a particular social, commercial or political aim
- [C]战役 series of military operations with a particular aim
- a race between candidates for elective office;
"I managed his campaign for governor"
"he is raising money for a Senate run"
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end;
"he supported populist campaigns"
"they worked in the cause of world peace"
"the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"
"the movement to end slavery"
"contributed to the war effort"
- several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
- an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
- run, stand, or compete for an office or a position;
"Who's running for treasurer this year?"
- exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for;
"The liberal party pushed for reforms"
"She is crusading for women's rights"
"The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
- go on a campaign; go off to war
- The campaign was a blockbuster.
- They are planning a new campaign against corruption.
- The campaign to seize the city was a failure.
- We were outmanoeuvred and outfought throughout the winter campaign.
- I hope you are all geared up for the mew sales campaign.
- He fell on a miserable setback in the commercial campaign.
- The presidential campaign was in full swing.
- We have campaigned against whaling for the last 15 years.
- We are campaigning against corruption in government.
- They are campaigning to save the area from building development.
They launched a new campaign against corruption.
He is the leader of the campaign.
- begin〔launch, start〕 a campaign 发起运动
- carry on〔conduct, make〕 a campaign 开展运动
- map out a campaign 制定作战计划
- organize〔promote, sponsor, take part in〕 a campaign 组织〔促进,赞助,参加〕一场运动
- plan a campaign 筹划战役
- bloody campaign 流血的战役
- money-raising campaign 募捐运动
- political campaign 政治运动
- speaking campaign 游说运动
- weak〔long〕 campaign 无活力〔长期〕的运动
- active campaign 积极的运动
- educational campaign 教育运动
I am now preparing for a final reading campaign.出自：Dickens
President Wilson..started out on a campaign to take the cause of the League of Nations to the American people.出自：E. Roosevelt
- campaign, movement
1.movement意思是群众性的运动,特指政治、社会或文化思想方面开展的时间较长的、范围较广的、影响较大的运动。campaign本义是“战役”,引申则表示为达到某一种特定目标而开展的一连串有计划的活动、宣传或运动。例如:We've started a movement against drug-taking.我们开展了一场反吸毒的运动。The country launched a national campaign against corruption.那个国家发起了一场全国性的反贪污运动。2.与movement相比, campaign的目标更单一、持续的时间较短,但可能具有更大的轰动性。3.campaign还常指竞选活动。例如:In his campaign speech he blasted the opposition.他在竞选演说中猛烈地抨击他的对手。The campaign succeeded and he won the election.他在竞选中获胜。
- battle war campaign struggle warfare fight combat engagement
错句：both windsor castle and the tower of london were part of william 's campaign to establish himself as the undisputed king of england.
纠正：both windsor castle and the tower of london were constructed as part of william 's campaign to establish himself as the undisputed king of england.
- ☆ 1640年左右进入英语，直接源自法语的camapgne，意为开阔的乡村。
- campaign:campaign n. [军]战役, (政治或商业性)活动, 竞选运动vi. 参加活动, 从事活动, 作战习惯用语enter upon a campaign 发动运动, 走上征途on campaign…