- n. 运动；战役；活动；竞选运动
- v. 参加竞选；从事运动
- [C]运动 series of planned activities with a particular social, commercial or political aim
- [C]战役 series of military operations with a particular aim
a race between candidates for elective office;
"I managed his campaign for governor"
"he is raising money for a Senate run"
a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end;
"he supported populist campaigns"
"they worked in the cause of world peace"
"the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"
"the movement to end slavery"
"contributed to the war effort"
several related operations aimed at achieving a particular goal (usually within geographical and temporal constraints)
an overland journey by hunters (especially in Africa)
run, stand, or compete for an office or a position;
"Who's running for treasurer this year?"
exert oneself continuously, vigorously, or obtrusively to gain an end or engage in a crusade for a certain cause or person; be an advocate for;
"The liberal party pushed for reforms"
"She is crusading for women's rights"
"The Dean is pushing for his favorite candidate"
go on a campaign; go off to war
- The campaign was a blockbuster.
- They are planning a new campaign against corruption.
- The campaign to seize the city was a failure.
- We were outmanoeuvred and outfought throughout the winter campaign.
- I hope you are all geared up for the mew sales campaign.
- He fell on a miserable setback in the commercial campaign.
- The presidential campaign was in full swing.
- He announced that he would campaign for the senate.
- We have campaigned against whaling for the last 15 years.
- We are campaigning against corruption in government.
- They are campaigning to save the area from building development.
- They launched a new campaign against corruption.
- He is the leader of the campaign.
- begin〔launch, start〕 a campaign 发起运动
- carry on〔conduct, make〕 a campaign 开展运动
- map out a campaign 制定作战计划
- organize〔promote, sponsor, take part in〕 a campaign 组织〔促进,赞助,参加〕一场运动
- plan a campaign 筹划战役
- bloody campaign 流血的战役
- money-raising campaign 募捐运动
- political campaign 政治运动
- speaking campaign 游说运动
- weak〔long〕 campaign 无活力〔长期〕的运动
- active campaign 积极的运动
- educational campaign 教育运动
I am now preparing for a final reading campaign.出自： Dickens
President Wilson..started out on a campaign to take the cause of the League of Nations to the American people.出自： E. Roosevelt
- campaign, movement
- We've started a movement against drug-taking.我们开展了一场反吸毒的运动。
- The country launched a national campaign against corruption.那个国家发起了一场全国性的反贪污运动。
- 2.与movement相比, campaign的目标更单一、持续的时间较短,但可能具有更大的轰动性。
- In his campaign speech he blasted the opposition.他在竞选演说中猛烈地抨击他的对手。
- The campaign succeeded and he won the election.他在竞选中获胜。
- ☆ 1640年左右进入英语，直接源自法语的campagne，意为开阔的乡村。