- adj. 超出的；多余的
- n. 多余的人或物；冗员
a person serving no apparent function;
"reducing staff is difficult because our employees include no supernumeraries"
a minor actor in crowd scenes
more than is needed, desired, or required;
"trying to lose excess weight"
"found some extra change lying on the dresser"
"yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"
"skills made redundant by technological advance"
"sleeping in the spare room"
"it was supererogatory of her to gloat"
"delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"
"extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"
"surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
- The supernumerary milkers of the lush green season had been dismissed.
- Intravenous anesthesia is good for extraction of embedded supernumerary teeth in children.
- When the placeman dies, the supernumerary steps into his shoes.
- supernumerary income 额外收入
- supernumerary larvae 超龄幼虫
- supernumerary cell 加翅室
- supernumerary nucleus 剩余精核
- supernumerary nuclei 剩余精核, 超数精核...
- supernumerary root 额外根
- supernumerary nipples 额外乳头
- supernumerary chromosome 超数染色体
- supernumerary bud 副芽
- supernumerary sperm 超数精子
- supernumerary finger 额外指
- supernumerary segment 加节
- supernumerary toe 超常数趾
- supernumerary muscle 副肌
I am doing a degree course in nursing and am..supernumerary when I am in the wards.出自：Nursing Times