- adj. 职责以外的；多余的
more than is needed, desired, or required;
"trying to lose excess weight"
"found some extra change lying on the dresser"
"yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"
"skills made redundant by technological advance"
"sleeping in the spare room"
"it was supererogatory of her to gloat"
"delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"
"extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"
"surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
- They perform the obligations, refrain from all the prohibitions, and engage in performing many supererogatory acts of worship.
- But Imam Malik said, "In my viewpoint, for the visitors of Madinah, offering supererogatory prayers is more recommended at the Prophet's Mosque than at home.
- Generally speaking, the jurists of Islam, based on an authentic hadith of the Prophet, agree that a Muslim's supererogatory prayer is best performed at home.
- it was supererogatory of her to gloat;
- "It was supererogatory for her to gloat" (Mary McCarthy)
- It was supererogatory for her to gloat(Mary McCarthy)