- 过多的;过剩的;多余的 excessive;needless;surplus
serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being;
"otiose lines in a play"
"advice is wasted words"
"a pointless remark"
"a life essentially purposeless"
more than is needed, desired, or required;
"trying to lose excess weight"
"found some extra change lying on the dresser"
"yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"
"skills made redundant by technological advance"
"sleeping in the spare room"
"it was supererogatory of her to gloat"
"delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"
"extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"
"surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
- Repack all the superfluous cups in the box.
- He has already been told, so our comments are superfluous.
- The market is already superfluous.
- She crossed out all the superfluous words and phrases in the draft.
- In writing telegrams omit superfluous words.
- He didn't know how to blow off his superfluous energy.
He has not an ounce of superfluous flesh.出自： C. M. Yonge
She had been, like..very young writers, superfluous of phrase, redundant.出自： R. Macaulay
- surplus 过剩
- excessive 过分的
- unnecessary 不必要的
- needless 不需要的
- worthless 无价值的
- extraneous 外来的
- over 在 ... 的上方...
- extra 额外的
- redundant 多余的，过多的...
- spare 备用的
- unessential 非本质上的
- unneeded 不需要的
- gratuitous 无缘无故的
- supernumerary 超出的
- supererogatory 职责以外的
- wasted 浪费的
- excess 超过
- otiose 没有用的
- pointless 无意义的
- senseless 无感觉的
- purposeless 无目的的
- superfluously adv. 过多地;过剩地;多余地