- vt. 控告，起诉 charge (sb) officially with an offence in law
accuse formally of a crime
- He grew anxious over the possibility that the Justice Department might now indict him for perjury.
- The Q&A session, which was audiotaped, came about two months prior to the child's initial appearance before the grand jury that later voted to indict Jackson on ten felony counts.
- The police can't find any valid evidence to indict him for murder.
- If the grand jury indicts the suspect,he will go to trial.
The son of a former mayor was indicted for misconduct in office.出自： L. Steffens
Brown was indicted..on a charge of giving a gun to a felon.出自：Orlando (Florida) Sentinel
No learned man cares to be indicted of inaccuracy.出自： fig.
- indictable adj. 可控告的，可起诉的‖indictment n. 控告，起诉