- vt. 控告; 控诉; 谴责 say that sb has done sth wrong or is guilty of sth
bring an accusation against; level a charge against;
"The neighbors accused the man of spousal abuse"
blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against;
"he charged the director with indifference"
- How dare you accuse me of lying!
- We resolve not to accuse them to avoid troubles.
- I mustered up enough courage to accuse him.
- He was accused of incompetence.
- As long as you do what you can, no one will accuse you even if you fail it in the future.
- accuse for (v.+prep.)
因…而指责某人或某事 say sb/sth has done wrong owing to sth
accuse sb/sth for sth
They accused me for the delay.
Man often accuses nature for his own misfortune.
- accuse of (v.+prep.)
指责,控告 say that (sb) is guilty of (sth wrong)
accuse sb of sth
The police accused him of murder.
He accused the man of theft.
They accused me of carelessness.
They accused the police of brutality.
He was accused of murder.
He was accused of daylight robbery.
The government was accused of incompetence.
Of what was he accused?
I've been accused of many things in my life, but never of cowardice〔being coward〕.
我一生受到过种种指责,但还从来没有人指责我懦弱呢。accuse sb of v-ing
They accused their government of betraying the interests of the people.
She accused him of lying.
Are you accusing me of cheating?
We accused him of taking bribes.
The report accused the government of shirking its responsibilities.
The French accuse us of being reserved.
He accused them of having broken their words.
He accused me of having neglected my duty.
He is accused of killing ten young women.
He was accused of robbing a bank.
The man was accused of being a spy.
- accuse social evils 谴责社会弊端
- accuse determinedly 强烈地指责
- accuse falsely 诬告
- accuse indignantly 愤慨地指责
- accuse publicly 公开指控
- accuse sternly 严厉地指责
- accuse unjustly 不公正地指责
- accuse wrongly 错怪
- accuse sb as an accomplice 控告某人是同犯
- accuse sb for the delay 埋怨延误是某人造成的
- accuse sb of 指控某人犯有…罪
- accuse sb of a crime 控告某人犯罪
- accuse sb of carelessness 指责某人粗心
- accuse sb of corruption 控告某人贪污腐化
- accuse sb of cowardice 责备某人怯懦
- accuse sb of favoritism 指责某人偏心
- accuse sb of fraud 控告某人诈骗
- accuse sb of laziness 指责某人懒惰
- accuse sb of murder 控告某人谋杀
- accuse sb of theft 控告某人盗窃
- accuse sb of neglecting spellings 责备某人不注意拼写
- accuse sb of having committed a crime 控告某人犯法
Accuse not a seruant vnto his master.出自：Bible (AV): Proverbs
- accusation n. 控告 ‖ accuser n. 原告