- n. 传票；传唤；召唤
- v. 传唤
a request to be present;
"they came at his bidding"
an order to appear in person at a given place and time
a writ issued by authority of law; usually compels the defendant's attendance in a civil suit; failure to appear results in a default judgment against the defendant
call in an official matter, such as to attend court
- The police have taken out a summons against the drivers of both cars involved in the accident.
- They served a summons on the young man.
- Elvis always generated such a summons.
- He was summonsed for speeding.
- He was summonsed to appear in court.
Lancelot entered in response to a..friendly summons to 'come in'.出自： Saki