- v. 赔偿；补偿；保护；保障
secure against future loss, damage, or liability; give security for;
"This plan indemnifies workers against wages lost through illness"
make amends for; pay compensation for;
"One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"
"She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
- They offered to indemnify us for our losses.
- The loss does not fall on the owner of the destroyed capital, since the destroyer has agreed to indemnify him for it.
- The insurance company will indemnify you for the cost of living elsewhere while the fire damage is repaired.
- We agree to indemnify WACA and its members for any loss or damages resulted from the publication of our material submitted.
- Everyone should learn to indemnify oneself against harm.
The fact indemnified the peace officers..if they killed any of the mob in endeavouring to suppress such riot.出自： W. Blackstone