move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way;
"The temperature is going down"
"The barometer is falling"
"The curtain fell on the diva"
"Her hand went up and then fell again"
"The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
"Interest in the project waned"
be recorded or remembered;
"She will go down as the first feminist"
"This wine sure goes down well"
"The food wouldn't go down"
"If America goes down, the free world will go down, too"
disappear beyond the horizon;
"the sun sets early these days"
"My computer crashed last night"
"The system goes down at least once a week"
- The grain crop has gone down this year.
- His name will go down in the annals.
- Hundreds died when the liner went down.
- Are you going to take the challenge lying down?
- Tom did not knuckle down under the attacks.
- go down with 被接受
- go down the drain 白白地被浪费掉(枉费...
- go down like a lead balloon 毫无效果
- go down the tubes 完蛋
- go down to 一直到
- get down go back to grass roots 追根究底
- go down 下降，下跌
- down and to go 完成(多少)未完成(...
- go down in the world 潦倒
- go down to history 载入史册
- go down like a ninepin 猛然倒下
- go down the wrong way 进入气管
- go down like ninepins 猛然倒下
- go down in history 载入史册
- go down-hill 走下坡路
- go down on one's marrowbones 跪下
- go down with flying colors 失败