move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way;
"The temperature is going down"
"The barometer is falling"
"The curtain fell on the diva"
"Her hand went up and then fell again"
be the essential element;
"The proposal boils down to a compromise"
fall from clouds;
"rain, snow and sleet were falling"
"Vesuvius precipitated its fiery, destructive rage on Herculaneum"
"She fell sick last Friday, and now she is in the hospital"
criticize or reprimand harshly;
"The critics came down hard on the new play"
- The grain crop has gone down this year.
- Sale is down a bit due to the revaluation.
- He landed on his feet after being down and out.
- Since he lost the job, he has really come down in the world.
- The tals have come down from the old times.
- Few of his works will go down to posterity.
- come down to earth 回到现实中来...
- come down with 得(传染性的病)...
- come down on 申斥
- come down upon 申斥(向 ... ...
- come down to brass tacks 讲座裨问题(谈要点...
- go up like a rocket and come down like a stick 崛起时声势赫赫, 败...
- come down in sheets 倾盆而下
- come down on one side or the other of the fence 支持两方的一方...
- come down on someone like a load of bricks 严厉谴责某人...
- come down handsome 慷概解囊
- come down on the right side of the fence 附和胜利的一方...
- come down to business 认真开始工作...
- come down upon someone like 严厉谴责某人...
- come down 下降，落下，（价格等...
- come down to bedrock 穷根究底,弄清事情的...
- come down to 可归结为