- n. 没收物；罚金；丧失
- vt. 没收；丧失
- adj. 丧失了的
- vt. (因违反协议、犯规、受罚等)丧失，失去 have (sth) taken away from one because some agreement or rule has been broken,or as a punishment,or as the result of some action
- [C]丧失的东西；没收物；代价 what must be lost or forfeited for sth;price
- [P]丧失了的；被没收了的 taken from one by law as a punishment
something that is lost or surrendered as a penalty;
a penalty for a fault or mistake that involves losing or giving up something;
"the contract specified forfeits if the work was not completed on time"
the act of losing or surrendering something as a penalty for a mistake or fault or failure to perform etc.
surrendered as a penalty
lose (s.th.) or lose the right to (s.th.) by some error, offense, or crime;
"you've forfeited your right to name your successor"
- He who murders pays the forfeit of his life.
- If you lose the game, you will have to pay a forfeit.
- Give me your watch as a forfeit.
- Her health was the forfeit she paid for working too hard.
- Those who move will forfeit 50 rupees.
- Passengers who cancel their reservations will forfeit their deposit.
- He forfeited his health due to years of hard work.
- If you don't return the article to the shop within a week, you forfeit your chance of getting your money back.
- I'll die rather than forfeit my pledge to her.
- If I worked for another car company I would forfeit the money.
- All goods may be forfeit to the State in time of war.
- His lands were forfeit.
- We can't forfeit the occasion.
- She forfeited her chance of entering the competition by not posting her form in time.
- If you lose the game,you will have to pay a forfeit.
- The situation was dangerous and she felt her life might be forfeit.
The saying of prayers and sewing-up in bedding of those whose lives had been forfeit.出自： J. G. Farrell
My life and effects were all forfeited to the English government.出自： Defoe
He ran away three times and three times forfeited his wages.出自： B. Chatwin
- lose 丢失
- sacrifice 牺牲
- penalty 处罚
- give up 放弃
- forfeiture (财产等）没收...
- pay for 偿还
- be deprived of 被剥夺, 被夺去...
- be stripped of 撤销职务
- surrender 投降
- part with 和 ... 分离
- go without 没有 ... 也行...
- loss 遗失
- penalization 处罚
- punishment 惩罚
- fine 好的
- let 让
- slip 滑倒
- let slip 偶然泄露(秘密等)...
- miss [M-]小姐
- benefit 利益
- acquire 获得
- forfeited 动词forfeit的过去...
- forgo 放弃
- throw overboard 废除
- confiscate 没收
- forego 放弃
- waive 放弃
- claim 要求