- n. 处罚；惩罚；不利；罚球
- [C]惩罚,处罚 a punishment for breaking a law, rule
- [C]不利后果,损失 suffering or loss that is the result of one's unwise action or of sb's condition or situation
the act of punishing
a payment required for not fulfilling a contract
the disadvantage or painful consequences of an action or condition;
"neglected his health and paid the penalty"
(games) a handicap or disadvantage that is imposed on a competitor (or a team) for an infraction of the rules of the game
- A penalty clause was written into the contract.
- She has paid the penalty for her crimes with five years in prison.
- One of the penalties of fame is that people point at you on the street.
- One of the penalties of fame is loss of privacy.
- He was brought down in the penalty area.
- If you knocked the ball with your hand in football, you will suffer a penalty.
- One of the penalties of fame is that people point at you in the street.
- penalty for 为…受处罚
Seven drivers..escaped without financial penalty, when they were convicted..by the town's magistrates.出自：Headlight
An earthquake..saves two innocent young lovers from the death penalty exacted for adultery.出自： R. Christiansen