a flaw or weak point;
"he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
failure to reach a minimum required performance;
"his failing the course led to his disqualification"
"he got two flunks on his report"
below acceptable in performance;
"received failing grades"
- His laziness results in his failing.
- Failing should make us better not bitter.
- That machine has one big failing.
- One of her failing is selfishness.
- Unfortunately, nonlistening seems to be a chronic human failing.
- In 1981, Murdoch bought the failing but prestigious London Times.
- Failing instructions I did what I thought best.
- Failing Smith, try Jones.
Sharp ruined himself by drinkingsa by no means uncommon journalistic failing.出自： L. Woolf
We hoped Sebastian might give us luncheon...Failing him we can always try Boy Mulcaster.出自： E. Waugh
- weakness 软弱
- shortcoming 缺点
- fault 缺点
- flaw 瑕疵
- weak spot 弱点
- imperfection 不完美
- abortive 失败的
- without 没有
- drawback 缺点
- unsuccessful 不成功的
- in the absence of 在 ... 不在场的情况...
- lacking 缺少的
- defect 缺点
- worsening 恶化
- weakening 弱化
- fading 褪色
- waning (月亮)渐亏的...
- dwindling 动词dwindle的现在...
- dying 垂死的
- vice 缺点
- flunk （使）失败
- passing 通过