- [C]缺点,过失;瑕疵 sth missing or imperfect;fault
- vi. 变节,叛变,脱离 desert a political party,group,or country,especially in order to join an opposing one
an imperfection in a bodily system;
"this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
a failing or deficiency;
"that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information"
an imperfection in an object or machine;
"a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"
"if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body);
"a facial blemish"
desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army;
"If soldiers deserted Hitler's army, they were shot"
- If it were not for this defect, I shall hire him at once.
- The new car had to be withdrawn from the market because of a mechanical defect.
- We thought that his troops might defect.
- We must correct our defects as soon as possible.
- With all its defects the little play has a real charm.
- I bought the cloth cheap because there is a small defect in it.
- He has some defects in his eyesight.
- defect from( v.+prep. )
defect from sth
The politician defected from his own party and joined the opposition.
- defect to( v.+prep. )
叛投,投靠 desert usually a nation and offer one's loyalty to (another nation or group)
defect to sth
Many writers, threatened with imprisonment,have defected to the West.
- correct defect 纠正缺点
- cure defect 矫正缺陷
- develop defect 产生缺点
- exhibit defect 表现出缺点，显示出不足
- have defect 有缺点
- inherit defect 接受遗传下来的缺点
- make up the defect 弥补缺陷
- obviate defect 消除缺陷
- point out defect 指出缺点
- possess defect 具有缺点
- remedy defect 纠正缺点
- repair defect 补救欠缺
- suffer from defect 受缺点的影响
- in defect 缺乏
The excess of scepticism and the defect of enthusiasm.出自： J. Morley
Your wife defected...Your wife is working for the bloody Russkies.出自： L. Deighton
- defect强调不影响全局,完美不足,而fault强调不十分严重,无伤大雅; 用于人时, defect多指人体器官上的缺陷,而fault多指道德行为的缺点; 用于物时, defect指易于察觉的缺陷, fault则指功能方面的缺陷。例如:
- He has some defects in his eyesight.他的视力有缺陷。
- I bought the cloth cheap because there is a small defect in it.这布我买得便宜,因为上面有个小疵点。
- Snobbishness was his main fault.他的主要缺点是势利眼。
- I don't mean to praise myself.I have my fault.我并不是要表扬自己,我也有我的过错。
- His only fault is that he lacks ambition.他唯一缺点就是没有雄心壮志。
- This accident is due to a fault in the electrical circuit.这次事故是由电路故障引起的。
- There is a fault in the machine.这机器有毛病。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的defectus，意为失败，反抗；最初源自此语的deficere，意为失败，应得。
- flaw 瑕疵
- imperfection 不完美
- blemish 瑕疵
- fault 缺点
- shortcoming 缺点
- failing 失败
- weakness 软弱
- deficiency 缺乏
- desert 沙漠
- change sides 投到对方去
- abscond 潜逃
- go over 检查
- turn traitor 变成叛徒
- decamp (士兵)离营
- foible 小缺点
- bubble 气泡
- mar 破坏
- merit 优点