- [C] 短处,缺点 a fault; failing
a failing or deficiency;
"that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information"
- Not being punctual is his greatest shortcoming.
- Donna is sensible of his shortcoming.
- No matter who point out our shortcoming, we will correct them.
- If it were not for this shortcoming, he is a fairly good teacher.
- You have got to realize your own shortcomings.
There's no-one so perfect that he has no shortcomings.出自： K. Crossley
He was so embarrassed by the play's shortcomings that he left before the end.出自： M. Meyer