fall or diminish;
"The number of students in this course dropped off after the first test"
change from a waking to a sleeping state;
"he always falls asleep during lectures"
leave or unload;
"unload the cargo"
"drop off the passengers at the hotel"
"My grades are slipping"
- Interest in the book began to drop off.
- Sales dropped off in the fourth quarter.
- Business dropped off sharply during the recession.
- My top button has dropped off and I can't find it.
- He closed his eyes, and soon dropped off.
- Will you drop me off at the next turning?