cause to sit or seat or be in a settled position or place;
"set down your bags here"
put in a horizontal position;
"lay the books on the table"
"lay the patient carefully onto the bed"
cause to come to the ground;
"the pilot managed to land the airplane safely"
reduce in worth or character, usually verbally;
"She tends to put down younger women colleagues"
"His critics took him down after the lecture"
leave or unload;
"unload the cargo"
"drop off the passengers at the hotel"
put (an animal) to death;
"The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"
"the sick cat had to be put down"
put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
make a record of; set down in permanent form
- The military were called out to put down the riot.
- He jotted down the conceits of his idle hours.
- Make sure that you put down every word she says.
- He was put down for the way he worked.
- My mother came down on me for coming back late.
- Helen is always putting him down for nothing.
- The middle-aged man calmly motioned for the joker to come over to his table, and invited him to sit down.
- Dennis rebutted them by saying he had put in checks and balances.
- In the following we will see how the Buddha refutes all the attempts made by Ananda to pin down the locality of the mind.
- Douglas put away Collins in cold blood.
- He is said to have been blasted down by his nephew.
- put down as 估计
- put down for 认为
- put down one's name for 申请成为...的一员...
- put down to 归因于
- put someone's name down for 申请成为…的候选人,...
- put down one's foot 坚决反对
- put down to someone's charge 把…记在某人的帐上...
- put down roots 定居(扎根)
- put down 镇压
- put one's name down for 申请成为 ... ...
- put down something to someone's account 把…记入某人帐内...
- put down in black and white 白纸写黑字,立据为凭...
- deposit 放置
- abort 流产
- deflate 放气
- underestimate 低估
- subdue 使服从
- silence 沉默
- shame 羞愧
- roast 烤肉
- camp 野营
- set down 记下
- drop 落下
- discharge 排出
- bring down 使倒下
- repose 休息或睡眠
- record 唱片
- drop off 减弱
- degrade 降格
- unload 卸下
- lay lie的过去式....
- demean 贬低
- get down 下来
- disgrace 耻辱
- enter 进入
- take down 记下，写下
- land 陆地
- write down 写下
- destroy 破坏