- vt. 破坏；毁坏
- n. 污点；瑕疵
- abbr. 海上的（=maritime）
- abbr. 三月（March）
- =maritime 海上的
- =March 三月
- vt. 毁坏；损坏；玷污 damage;make a cut,bruise,or dent in sth
the month following February and preceding April
a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body);
"a facial blemish"
"nothing marred her beauty"
destroy or injure severely;
- This will mar the beauty of your hair.
- Nothing had occurred to mar this trip.
- Nothing happened to mar the old man's happiness.
- His handling of the crisis can make or mar his career.
- If he does not break himself of his bad habit, he will mar his own market.
- Such a mistake would mar your career.
- Age cannot mar her beauty.
- I hope the fact that Jack isn't coming won't mar your enjoyment of the evening.
- The scenic beauty of this region was marred by commercial signs.
Almost a mar to his beauty were his two black brows, too heavy..for his young, pale face.出自： P. S. Buck
The vessel is so marred that it cannot be repaired.出自： R. W. Hamilton
Not a wrinkle marred the smoothness of her skin.出自： W. S. Maugham
She led a busy, enjoyable life, only slightly marred by occasional twinges of anxiety.出自： D. Lodge
Brooke, complete with a streaming cold which had marred the weekend.出自： D. Fraser
His interesting ideas are rather marred by a self-indulgent..style.出自： P. Lomas
- damage 损害
- blemish 瑕疵
- disfigure 使丑陋
- ruin 毁灭
- injure 伤害
- deface 损坏外观
- spoil 宠坏
- deform 使变形
- scar 疤痕
- mutilate 切断(手足等)...
- impair 损害
- stain 污点
- harm 危害
- scotch 伤口
- hurt 损害
- murder 谋杀
- weakness 软弱
- disfigurement 外貌损伤
- vitiate 使败坏
- deflower 使(女子)失去童贞...
- march 行军
- defect 缺点