dip a foot or hand briefly into a liquid
play in or as if in water, as of small children
work with in an amateurish manner;
"She dabbles in astronomy"
"He plays around with investments but he never makes any money"
bob forward and under so as to feed off the bottom of a body of water;
- She dabbled her hands in the fountain.
- Children like to dabble in water.
- He just dabbles in politics.
- I have to be careful, for I dabble with poisons a good deal.
- She is a talented musician but is content to just dabble.
I dabbled a handkerchief in a neighbouring fountain.出自： T. Trollope
She..dabbled her burning feet in the cool water.出自： M. Mitchell