small wooden bat with a flat surface; used for hitting balls in various games
a blade of a paddle wheel or water wheel
an instrument of punishment consisting of a flat board
a short light oar used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat
propel with a paddle;
"paddle your own canoe"
play in or as if in water, as of small children
swim like a dog in shallow water
"small children toddle"
give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
stir with a paddle
- The butter churn has two paddles to whip the cream.
- He dipped his paddle without a splash.
- Each man has a paddle for an hour and then a rest.
- He would himself paddle me off to the ship.
- The people here paddle from place to place in canoe.
- Children love to paddle at the beach.
- She lay at the side of the pool and paddled in the water with her fingers.
- paddle wheel 桨轮
- paddle steamer 明轮船
- paddle boat 明轮船
- paddle tennis 板球运动
- dog paddle 狗爬式游泳
- paddle box [船]明轮外壳...
- paddle agitator 叶片式搅拌器...
- paddle board 明轮轮叶
- paddle stirrer 桨式搅拌机
- paddle pump 浆式泵
- mixing paddle 搅拌叶板
- paddle mixer 桨叶式混合机,桨叶式...
- paddle wheeler 明轮轮船
- lock paddle 船闸输水门
- paddle shaft 叶轮轴
- brake paddle 刹车踏板
- paddle door 划槽门
- wave paddle 生波板
- doggy paddle 〈游泳〉狗爬式...
- dog-paddle 作狗爬式游泳...
Eight paddles, four feet long, were supposed to accompany each boat.出自： C. Ryan
Antlers, with some trimming, make good paddles..for pushing..through water.出自： J. Auel
Peter paddled idly in the water with his fingers.出自： C. Isherwood
They had been paddling in the fringe of one pond.出自： C. P. Snow
To talk about Stalin was to paddle in dangerous waters.出自： fig.
He planned to paddle across the river in a canoe and swim back.出自： P. F. Boller
Duck cruised, coots paddled in desperate haste to reach the reeds.出自： M. Wesley