cause aversion in; offend the moral sense of;
"The pornographic pictures sickened us"
"She fell sick last Friday, and now she is in the hospital"
upset and make nauseated;
"The smell of the food turned the pregnant woman's stomach"
"The mold on the food sickened the diners"
make sick or ill;
"This kind of food sickens me"
- The plants and flowers sicken in the autumn.
- However, sometimes the virus can sicken humans.
- The child sickened with whooping cough.
- The animal began to sicken and soon died.
- I was sickened by the sight of the dead body.
- I began to sicken of the endless violence shown on television.
- He sickened of living abroad.
Laura sickened with 'flu.出自： E. Waugh
William the chow began to sicken and fail.出自： C. Harman