- vt. 使惊讶；使吃惊
- vt. 使惊讶,使大为吃惊 (cause to) produce great surprise or wonder in sb
- vt. 对…感到惊讶 be surprised at
affect with wonder;
"Your ability to speak six languages amazes me!"
- I was astonished at the news of his escape.
- She astonished me with her beautiful handwriting.
- A matter of repeated occurrence like this will not astonish people.
- It astonished me.
- Her father's sudden death astonished her.
- His words astonished all.
- The thought astonished him.
- The gift of hundred dollars astonished the little girl.
- The size of the elephant astonished the boy.
- The magician's next trick will astonish you.
- The news of the car accident astonished everybody.
- Truly, you astonished me.
- The editor astonished us when she said that she was already fifty-two.
- He astonished me by his appearance.
- He astonished us by taking a stroll at midnight.
- He astonished us by announcing that he would get married in a few days.
- The boy astonished us with his skilled English.
- They astonished me with the news.
- The news astonished the world.
- I'm astonished at his rapid progress.
- She was astonished at his vehemence.
- We were astonished at his rudeness.
- You needn't to be astonished at the result.
- His parents were astonished at his decision.
- Ruth will be astonished at your coming home in such a manner.
- I am astonished at his doing such a thing.
- You looked astonished at the news.
- I was astonished beyond measure.
- We were all astonished by your failure in the exam.
- The tourists were astonished by the majesty of the Great Wall.
- He was astonished by his mother's appearance.
- We were astonished to hear what had happened.
- I am astonished to meet you here.
- They were astonished to see me so late at night.
- He was astonished to see how his home town had changed in the past 10 years.
- It astonishes me that no one has thought of this before.
- I am astonished that he didn't come.
- She was astonished that he had survived.
- I was astonished that he was not an Englishman.
- All of us were astonished that Mr. Li was so rude to him.
- I was very much astonished that I could not believe my eyes.
- It was an astonishing performance for such a young musician.
- It was an astonishing fact.
- He gave her an astonished look.
- Isn't this an astonished event?
- The news was astonishing.
- His ignorance is astonishing.
- It is astonishing to me that he should be absent.
- astonish the world 使世界震惊
- astonish very much 使非常惊讶
- astonish amazingly 非常吃惊
- astonish blankly 惊呆了
- astonish dramatically 出人意料地吃惊
- astonish greatly 使非常惊讶
- astonish inconceivably 难以置信地惊人
- astonish inexpressibly 无法形容地吃惊
- astonish intensely 极度吃惊
- astonish ludicrously 荒唐可笑地惊人
- astonish profoundly 极度地惊人
- astonish silently 默默地吃惊
- astonish sublimely 极度吃惊
- astonish unaffectedly 自然流露地吃惊
- astonish unmistakably 显而易见地吃惊
- astonish utterly 极度吃惊
The most mighty gods by tokens send Such dreadful heralds to astonish us.出自：Julius Caesar , Shakespeare
Blind, astonished, and struck with superstition as with a planet.出自： Milton
- astonish的基本意思是“某人或某事物使某人惊讶,使某人难以置信”,这时以感到惊讶的人作宾语; astonish也可以表示“某人对某事物感到惊讶,某人不可理解某事物”,这时以感到惊讶的人作主语。其语意含有较强烈的感情色彩。
- astonish作“使某人惊讶”解时,用陈述式,主语可为表示人、行为、特性、事件的名词。当以人作主语时, astonish须搭用by或with引起的短语表示导致惊讶的原因; astonish作“某人对某事物感到惊讶”解时,用被动式或系表结构,这时astonish多搭用由at〔by〕引起的短语或不定式短语,也可搭用that引起的从句。
- astonish的过去分词astonished在句中常用作形容词,意思是“感到惊讶的”,表示对突然发生或遇到的事情做出异乎寻常的反应,在句中可用作定语或表语; 而astonish的现在分词astonishing在句中用作形容词时多用作定语,偶尔也可用作表语。
- astonish, alarm, amaze, surprise
- 1.surprise语气最强, alarm次之, astonish更次之, amaze最弱。
- 2.在使用场合上:surprise指对事出突然或意外而“惊奇”“惊愕”甚至“震惊”; alarm指由于某种危险或不祥之兆而“惊恐”; astonish指事情的发生不可思议而“难以置信”; amaze指对不太可能的事或根本不可能发生的事而感到“迷惑不解”。
- be astonished by, be astonished at
- be astonished by和be astonished at的意思是一样的,前者是被动结构,其中的astonished是一个完全分词,可译为“(由于,被)…使某人(主语)感到吃惊”,后者是系表结构,其中的astonished是一个表示感觉或心理状态的形容词,可译为“某人(主语)对…感到吃惊”。
- surprise 惊奇
- astound 使惊骇
- amaze 使吃惊
- overwhelm 打击
- dumbfound 使 ... 惊呆
- flabbergast 使大吃一惊
- daze 使 ... 茫然
- take your breath away 使大吃一惊(使人吃惊或高...
- shock 震惊
- knock for six 一击得最高分(给予沉重的...
- snow 雪
- startle （使）吃惊
- stun 使震惊
- astonishing adj. 惊人的‖astonishment n. 惊讶，吃惊