make keen or more acute;
"whet my appetite"
sharpen by rubbing, as on a whetstone
- The material is sent in the whet room directly.
- This product is suitable for fixing and throwing light whet superficially after welding.
- He whetted his knife on the stone.
- The dish will whet your appetite.
- Reading travel brochures whetted his appetite for a holiday.
A vengeful..public, its temper whetted by..sensational journalism.出自： R. Travers
The many books he read but served to whet his appetite.出自： J. London