- [U] 弱,软弱,虚弱,薄弱 state of being weak
- [C] 弱点,缺点 defect or fault, especially in a person's character
- [C] 偏好,嗜好 special or foolish liking for sth/sb
a flaw or weak point;
"he was quick to point out his wife's failings"
powerlessness revealed by an inability to act;
"in spite of their weakness the group remains active"
the property of lacking physical or mental strength; liability to failure under pressure or stress or strain;
"his weakness increased as he became older"
"the weakness of the span was overlooked until it collapsed"
the condition of being financially weak;
"the weakness of the dollar against the yen"
a penchant for something even though it might not be good for you;
"he has a weakness for chocolate"
- Don't take his patience as a sign of weakness.
- She thoroughly despised him for his weakness.
- Forehand return is my greatest weakness.
- There is an inherent weakness in the design.
- The book's weakness is the author's inability to sustain an argument.
- Women have a weakness for shopping.
- His weakness for cigarettes is detrimental to his health.
- She is still suffering from the weakness attendant on the illness.
- The patient's weakness is due to poor nutrition.
- The president was accused of weakness in dealing with the crisis.
- He agreed in a moment of weakness to go along.
- He succeeded in his efforts to overcome his fatal weakness.
- Drinking is his weakness.
- We all have our weaknesses.
- She's my weakness now.
- I have a weakness for peanut jam.
- He has a weakness for detective stories.
- He has a weakness for money.
- New evidence revealed the weakness of the prosecution's case.
- How well do you know the weaknesses of women?
- Can't you see the weakness of his argument?
- Smoking is a weakness of his.
- admit one's weakness 承认自己的弱点
- betray weakness 暴露弱点
- correct weakness 改正缺点
- die from weakness 死于衰弱
- have a weakness for 嗜好…
- have a weakness for chocolate 喜欢吃巧克力
- know weakness 了解弱点
- reveal weakness 暴露出弱点
- show weakness 暴露出弱点
- chronic weakness 长期的衰弱
- fundamental weakness 根本缺点
- great weakness 大的缺点
- logical weakness 逻辑性不强
- mental weakness 智力缺陷
- moral weakness 道德上的缺点
- physical weakness 身体虚弱
- senile weakness 老年性体弱
- structural weakness 结构上的不足
- vacillating weakness 优柔寡断的弱点
- heart weakness 心脏衰弱
Wellington's deafness was a family weakness.出自： E. Longford
- weakness作“偏好,嗜好”解时,常用于have a weakness for短语中。
误 Because of his weaknesses, he could not help me any more.
正 Because of his weakness, he could not help me any more.
误 She is only aware of the weakness of others.
正 She is only aware of the weaknesses of others.
误 He has a special weakness in stories.
正 He has a special weakness for stories.
析 作“特别喜欢…”解时,应该说have a special weakness for,其中介词for不可改为in。