a raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip); characteristic of many allergic reactions
- The press is a guardian of the public weal.
- And what is the harm to the common weal?
- He is worth no weal that can bide no woe.
- Parents thirst for that their chilren safety and weal.
- He was faithful to me in weal and woe.
- I saw weals rise on his back.
- She hit the child into many weals with a stick.
What I'll have, come woe, come weal, Is coffee..with the meal.出自： O. Nash
A plum-coloured weal across her cheek-bone.出自： P. Lively
He talked o' getting Romsey's whip and showed me..where he was wealed.出自： V. S. Reid
- woe 悲哀