- [U] 暴力,暴行 great force
- [U] 猛烈,剧烈,强烈 rough treatment
- an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists);
"he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by force and violence in the short one"
- the property of being wild or turbulent;
"the storm's violence"
- a turbulent state resulting in injuries and destruction etc.
- The wind blew with great violence.
- She slammed the door with violence.
- I detest violence with my whole being.
- The young man was charged with robbery with violence.
- Quakers strongly oppose violence and war.
- His violence was abhorrent to everybody.
- I condemn this senseless violence.
- The act of violence made people boil with anger.
War is the most acute form of expression of violence.
The wind blew with great violence.
They attacked with violence.
- mass〔mob〕 violence 群众〔暴徒〕暴力
- violence against 对…的暴行
Men fought,..but violence between women was unthinkable.出自：P. Barker
The land of violence, the land of the gun.出自：G. Swift
A near-criminal element, eager to organise violence on any pretext.出自：W. F. Deedes
- violence:violence n. 猛烈, 强烈, 暴力, 暴虐, 暴行, 强暴Google提供的广告习惯用语an act of violence 暴力行为do violence to 损害; 污辱, 侵[伤]害…