- adj. 猛烈的；强烈的；暴力的；极端的
- 暴力引起的,粗暴的 produced by or being the effect of damaging physical force
- 剧烈的,强烈的 acting with or using great damaging physical force; forceful beyond what is usual or necessary
acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or emotional intensity;
"a violent attack"
"a violent person"
"a violent rage"
"felt a violent dislike"
effected by force or injury rather than natural causes;
"a violent death"
(of colors or sounds) intensely vivid or loud;
"a violent clash of colors"
"her dress was a violent red"
"a violent noise"
marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid;
"in a tearing rage"
characterized by violence or bloodshed;
"writes of crimson deeds and barbaric days"
"fann'd by Conquest's crimson wing"
"convulsed with red rage"
- The soldiers launched into a violent attack.
- The violent blow sent him down on his knees.
- She was in violent temper.
- They showed violent opposition to the oppressor.
- Violent criminals like that are dangers to society.
- He is suffering from violent pains.
- The violent winds buried the village in sand.
- She had a violent pain in her stomach.
- She was in a violent temper and began throwing things about.
- She died a violent death.
- They laid violent hands on him.
- The madman was violent and had to be locked up.
He was doubled up by a violent coughing fit.出自： G. Orwell
Mirkin's reaction was so violent that he had to be sedated.出自： T. Sharpe