cause to operate by flipping a switch;
"switch on the light"
"turn on the stereo"
be contingent on;
"The outcomes rides on the results of the election"
"Your grade will depends on your homework"
produce suddenly or automatically;
"Turn on the charm"
"turn on the waterworks"
become hostile towards;
"The dog suddenly turned on the mailman"
cause to be agitated, excited, or roused;
"The speaker charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
"This movie usually arouses the male audience"
get high, stoned, or drugged;
"He trips every weekend"
- He asked me to turn on the radio for him.
- The North waged war on the South.
- Hitler's attack on Poland led up to World War Two.
- The success of a picnic usually turns on the weather.
- She's often turned on by men with beards.
- His normally placid dog turned on him and bit him in the leg.
- Why are you all turning on me ?
- turn on the waterworks 哭起来
- turn on the heat 拚命(激起热情...
- turn in on oneself 与他人断绝来往,闭关...
- turn light on cast light on
- turn one's back on 背弃
- turn the tables on 扭转局面(转败为胜...
- turn the heat on 对施加压力
- turn the key on 把 ... 锁在门...
- turn on 打开
- on the turn 在转变中(在变化中...
- turn on the gas 打开话匣子(开始吹牛...
- turn on one's heel 急向后转